Saturday 4 January 2020

An unexpectedly busy week

After we came back from Legoland, there was the usual laundry madness. Then there was also packing and cleaning madness coz N was leaving - she had to pack while I had to learn which cloth was used for what purpose and prepare to start new helper on a fresh slate.

So Sunday, I drove N to her agency at East Coast, and continued to my usual agency further down the road to get the new helper, A. With everyone home on a Sunday, I only managed to guide her on basic things. I was planning to show her everything on Monday when I took leave. But as it turned out, that didn't happen.

Yu started having a fever on Sunday evening. He hit 38deg before midnight but I found only expired fever medicine! The kids hadn't had fever for a while so I neglected to replenish fever medicine. I was also very busy; it hadn't occur to me to check this yet even though I'm now on part-time.

Waiting for medicine - he was awake, just turned away from the light


Then at 4 am on Monday, he got up for a drink and puked as he returned to my room. I had to wake Sito to hold the crying boy while I got A to come with a cleaning cloth. While she cleaned, I dug out new PJs and washed the poor boy. Luckily, I had warned her about night duty before but she really was so lucky to get it on her first night!

When we all woke in the morning, it was clear Yu could not go to school. His tummy acted up a few times that day and he would cry out loud. That was how he cried on the first evening in Legoland so he might have got sick during then but somehow he had no fever, puke or diarrhoea then. But Monday, I wiped his bum for some 10 times. He didn't want new kakak to help him yet :(

Yang woke late so I had Sito register for a queue number at the clinic while I taught A how to go to the child care centre. I tried to go through work here and there but it was difficult to do so until Tuesday. I was supposed to work from home but with Yu at home, that was not possible. Had to log on to do work on both Tuesday and Wednesday nights, sighs...

We spent a lot of time in the toilet on Monday


Yu's stools became less watery on Tuesday and he had less tummy pain episodes through the day. But he complained of pain in his penis on Monday night and on Tuesday morning, he showed me two yellow bits on his penis. I took them off and they felt hard. Found yellow stains on his underwear too.

So back to the clinic we went. Had to test urine. So we returned home and I made him drink water - he didn't want to drink at first but he was also a good boy and even asked me whether he had drunk enough :)

I went back to the clinic myself. A quick test showed white blood cells in his urine so he was given antibiotics and anti-fungal cream. I thought we had missed the despatch already but the doctor told me we were in time so she could send the urine for some culture test.

Yu rejected the orange medicine for tummy ache but he loved the orange antibiotic! Phew! But he was upset that he couldn't drink milk though.

Better appetite by Tuesday lunch!


Yu still had a bit of nua poop on Wednesday but no more crying of pain. His penis also looked better this morning, not as red. So he went to school on Thursday - with a lot of persuasion! I had wanted to nua while on leave on Thursday but with Yu at home since Monday, I couldn't guide A properly so had to spend Thursday doing that instead, sighs! Hope to have time to nua on my next leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment