Sunday 28 June 2020

Six and still such a baby

Our little Yang is six!

Yang was lucky that things opened up just before his birthday. We got to do some things outside the house, which was great!

On Friday, we decided on a little excursion to the Bukit Timah Summit. He was quite excited about it at first but when we got there, the initial steep slope turned him off. I said we would go until he wanted to stop. But he carried on. At a fork, he decided to go for the shorter stairs to the summit rather than the longer slope. That was when he started to do way better than me. 

Hands through the non-existent "glass" = magic!


Breakfast at Han's coz he wanted to see the queue number on the screen. But later when we passed by Yakun, he said he meant that. Too late!

He tried my eggs and liked it!


I didn't order anything for myself as I was recovering from a tongue ulcer and I thought I would just eat the eggs. Oh well. But later, he gave me maybe a third of the eggs and half of his toast so I had some breakfast too, with water. 

Eyeing the bend in the straw...


大眼睛! And alien face hoho!


We were outside Macs when my right sole started coming off


Ok, that was a pretty old pair of shoes from before Evanston! I can't say I used it very much though, oops.... But good while it lasted! Not too keen to go shopping for such things yet though, hmm...

Changed into another pair - quite broken too!


Surprised to see monkeys almost right as we turned in from the main road!


Yang was a bit shocked to see so many monkeys everywhere. He stuck close to me but soon, he waved to a baby monkey in his sweet way :) After this, we saw two nice birds and no other creatures - likely coz he was very loud in his Yang Yang way hoho!

Honestly, I didn't know the way to the foot of the hill. There were signs. There were no signs. But there were a few people on the road so I followed. And we got there!

He poses really well now


Yeah! We're here!


The way to the summit was easier. But it was quite an anticlimax to reach the top actually - I mean, it kind of just suddenly appeared. And Yang didn't seem to believe me when I said this was the highest natural point in Singapore. Maybe coz we couldn't look out to anything...

But I had really really wanted to go for many years. I missed an opportunity to go with the Girl Guides one year coz I was told to go back for some oral exam but the teacher didn't show up! I was so pissed. Then I thought I went there some 15 years ago with a colleague and her church friends but none of this looked familiar to me! *.*

He took off his shirt coz it was hot; then he ran around to avoid mosquitoes ^.^


I asked if he wanted a photo and he suggested this pose - he very good indeed


We read many signs along the way


Yang thought this looks like a person


Took the slope down


At the start of the very steep slope, he felt hungry *.*


We took off our masks while panting on the way up but put them back on going down


So there, we made this round trip from the visitor centre to the summit in all of 50 min! Yang was quite tired and hungry, and proclaimed that he would not do this again. Poor boy. We walked out to the bus stop and I decided to carry the poor boy for the last 50m or so. Very heavy!!

Handsome kid walks to Star Vista


Happy with a free crab toy!


Passed by Shi Li fang Hotpot and he decided he wanted hotpot for lunch. All the talk about ymmy spaghetti went out the window! Just as well - we were pretty early and I wasn't sure if 18 Chefs was open yet!

So happy to see him eat noodles, meat and vege!


Surprised to see his egg yolk was still gooey!


We went to Star Vista not for nostalgia but for a dental visit, heh!


So despite all my misgivings about his yellow teeth, they were fine. Still, I took out my old retainers to show him how to brush properly and well later in the afternoon!

Dozed off in the cab - um, he swopped the crab for this pink panther at the till


Easy to wake him when it was for ice cream!


The old ice cream place we used to go to at Star Vista was gone. The new one didn't have cones coz the machine died. So we had to come back to Macs for his birthday ice cream.

Yang was playing Nintendo when Kai came home. Then they mostly entertained each other. Very good for me hoho! I cleaned up their messy toys and showed Yang an important video which I found on this useful experience. It's about poo! Coz poor Yang is often constipated. A few days ago, I felt a big hard thing when pressing his abdomen! Now I get him to drink warm milk at breakfast and sit on the toilet for 10 min after breakfast and dinner. Still no poo since Friday morning....

I woke to this on his birthday on Saturday


Think they were building tracks for the little Super Mario Karts we got Yang for his birthday *.* I went to do grocery shopping and collect his birthday cake from CCK. Came back to find that Mum had sent his presents - a remote controlled car and some activity books. We didn't manage to touch the activity books yet but the car has been a source of much arguments so far. I see another handle against them, heh!

Happy birthday, Yang!


He chose to have Star Wars for his cake. I changed the design at the last minute when I realised that I had ordered that design for him two years ago!

Hard to get all to look straight!


Yang did his first cut


My 大眼睛 baby is six already. He still looks and feels like such a baby. Two years ago, I couldn't believe that Kai was going to primary school coz first kid. Now, I couldn't believe this baby will be going primary school next year!

But he's a big boy now - 119 cm! I got him a book on comprehension - bridging K2 to P1. Oops. That aside, he had gems dropping out of his mouth at every turn on Friday! I can't remember the details though hoho! Have to try to jot it down asap next time.

May this boy continue to grow well. And may the next poo come very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment