Monday 20 July 2020

Clan Sito finally went out together!

Clan Sito finally stepped out as a family last weekend!

Let's start with Friday - date night. After Polling Day, this was our second date night out in a while. This time, instead of BPP, we headed to Beauty World. 

I bought a big box of mini muffins from the old-school confectionery next to the massage place while waiting for Sito. The kids like these muffins. A few times, I woke up on Saturday morning to find them all gone! This time, I bought a lot. I don't find it especially nice but somehow they're popular with them so I get some whenever we go there.

Date night started with foot massage - gosh, how we missed that! Then we finally had the Korean BBQ - it was always crowded but it was quite late by the time we got there that day. The food was ok considering the low price for quite a lot of food. Doubt we will return!

On Saturday, Kai asked to go to Ikea as he didn't get to go over his birthday weekend. We agreed and left the house early to beat the crowds. I even packed our bag with hand sanitiser and a towel to dry hands after washing hands outside. But we barely walked through the mall when we realised it was a bad idea.

The kids had gone out only a few times since the start of the circuit breaker - one haircut for each, one playground trip for Kai, birthday trips for Kai and Yang, two supermarket trips for Yu, one supermarket trip for Yang just that morning. And none of these involved three of them together. So suffice to say they were uncontrollable on Saturday - Kai and Yang were running ahead of us; Yu was trying to follow. 

Sito and I were like, what were we thinking?! We stopped them just outside Macs. Since they didn't stay close and ran about instead, we would not go to Ikea. We brought them to collect the two bigger bikes and Yu's scooter, and headed for Level 5 instead.

Happy Yu!


Pretending to nap


The rest finally joined us at the playground - they were riding their bikes at the other end. And they biked around, scooted around, climbed all over. It was clear that they weren't as nimble on the climb structure as before. But they looked like they had fun!

Yang looks like he's getting too big for this!


Plucked off the kids' masks so they could breathe better when running about; we sedentary folks kept masks on


We haven't spent this much time at the playground before, I think. Good - exhaust them, heh! Just like two Sundays ago when we went back to the pool for the first time in a while - they were tired enough to sleep without jumping around too much :p

They still love the pool and dare to jump in!


Yang did some colouring while waiting for udon


Yu also did some colouring though he kept asking me to help *.*


Kai was stoning - staring at others and pining for his udon


Then he got interested in Papa's game


Big boy eats straight from the bowl instead of using a baby bowl - coz he felt paiseh to ask for a baby bowl!


We had wanted to go to the BPP playground but it was still closed. So we let them have some fun at the kiddy rides - no coins required :p

Like real!


Since we stayed in the neighbourhood on Saturday, Sunday became the real test - we headed to Mum's place! But after Saturday's disappointment, they seemed better behaved.

Standard - must play game on the way to HV!


They still ran to knock on the door!


They were their usual playful selves except that they seemed to have forgotten about going to the playground in the latter part of the afternoon. I didn't remind them :p

What I didn't plan for was pre-bedtime. Yang had to sit on the toilet for 10 minutes, and both Kai and Yu wanted to poop! Kai only told me about him pooping very near home so I had very little time to plan but luckily, Sito and I were talking toilet not many days before. So....

It was pretty hectic as A was having her first rest day in over three months. I had to usher Kai into our bathroom, show him where to place his street clothes, remind him not to wet the whole place, pull the baby potty out to the door frame of the kids' bathroom coz Yu doesn't like to smell Yang's poop (!), and help the younger ones unbutton their polo tops so that they could get on their business stark naked (habit :p). 

And while all were pushing poopoo, I unpacked the bag and put dragon fruit into the fridge, and tied up my long dress much to Yang and Yu's amusement. How else to shower you, my dears? When Kai had flushed (thanks for being quick!), I sent in his towel which I forgot earlier - with my eyes closed coz since his birthday, he is not supposed to be naked in front of the adults. 

Then Yu was done and gosh, it was so smelly! More like poor Yang had to smell Yu's poopoo! Showered him and sent him to wear his clothes himself coz I had to shower Yang. His 10 minutes were up and he had no poop. But he had a couple of abrasions on his right leg and couldn't bear to shower himself - I had to rain water on his leg while he whined but thankfully, he was not resistant. 

Finally, I got to shower! Sito had started Kai's phone so all was quiet... But when I was out, I realised it was late! Kai also knew it was late and quite willingly turned off his phone. And then I realised the kids' hair was a bit wet so did some drying before we finally went to bed while Sito went for a haircut.

I was exhausted by the time I left the monkeys in their bed. And I found a backache from bad positions while trying to get Yu to nap in the afternoon - I tried for over an hour; he napped for barely an hour *.*

But I'm glad we went out last weekend. This COVID-19 situation is going to be prolonged. Need to get used to the new normal. It means being as normal as possible while taking preventive measures. Sito and I have been pretty cautious. I also reminded A to bring sanitiser and not share food on her rest day. The kids are more iffy... 

But then, school has restarted for over a month now. The schools have been emphasising on COVID-19 prevention. Every child must wear a mask in school so they are familiar and acceptance of the mask. I think it's more normal to them than to us adults who have never worn masks much before this!

At home, I remind them of the rules before we go out - keep your hands to yourself, don't keep touching things outside, don't lean on the lift railings. Else, if you get COVID-19, you'll be alone in hospital with no Papa and Mama next to you!! *evil* :p

For me, I decided that I should not cold-storage my blink. Last week, I started wearing my wedding ring again (while it's Sito's turn to be lazy!) and pulled out an old pair of earrings from childhood that Mother found a few months ago. I  even wore a dress on Sunday coz I haven't worn one for ages!

Let's rock this new normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment