Friday 3 June 2022

The first time all the kids love bah zang!

Yes, I'm super happy that my kids now love bah zang! :)

We didn't make any last year coz Mother just had a kidney stone removed. So I hesitated at my first bah zang. I mean, when I was wrapping them; no hesitation when it comes to eating them!

Then muscular memory kicked in, phew!

Brought these two along for the first time!


Coz no helper and Sito isn't in town. Anyway, they are now big enough to hang out on their own, and I want them to take part in this annual tradition in more ways than one... Yu continued to go to school - that one more troublesome!

Yang stopped reading his book to watch Kai solve his 6-cube. Yup, he can solve it. Time to consider a 7-cube...

Btw, notice the background in the photo above? This was a train on the north south line. The cabin walls were yellow with age already, like trains in older cities... 

Late breakfast - bee hoon with their new fave Taiwan sausage from my fave stall at blk 409!


I had breakfast too - glutinous rice. Yes, knowing that there would be bah zang, I still bought glutinous rice! But it's so hard to find otherwise! 

All ready and waiting for me!


I think this must be the first photo of me bao-ing zang! Thanks, Yang!


Yang pointed out the cooked ones accurately - can you?


Yup, the ones at the top. The two black holes on the table were caused by me years back when I played with candles on the table during mid autumn festival and it got too hot...! Shhh, don't tell the kids I played with fire!!

We made 64 in two hours. The kids just watched TV and snacked on Wang Wang *.* We left when all the bah zangs were done. Mother left with us to bring some to Yan's mother, CY's mother and a friend. I learnt too late that CY was at her mother's place! Missed a catch-up in person...

Checking if they were cooked through


Kai asked for one and he loved it! What a lovely smile :)


I was too full from my breakfast so I only managed to have one when we got home. So yummy this year! The taste varies from year to year coz Mother doesn't measure ingredients *.* But my siblings said salty *.*

I let Yang - who was playing in the room with Kai - taste a bit and he said it was nice. When he was done, he came out to find that I had finished my bah zang. He went, "You finished everything?!" Then he saw the bag of bah zangs on the table, and happily asked for one. On a plate, like GeGe, not like Mama who ate it off the bamboo leaves!

He ate this very quickly!


Yu liked it too!


I packed char siew noodles for Kai and Yang, and two buns for Yu. Yu always asked me to buy bah zang from the stall downstairs. I bought once and he didn't like it. I also didn't like it - too fatty and not much taste. I let him have a bit of mine and he said it was yummy but the one I bought was yummier. Tsk!! Anyway, I opened a new one for him and he had most of it.

Then Kai decided that he was still hungry and had another one!


Kai had one at AMK, and we brought 18 home. 10 are now in the freezer and two are right behind me on the dining table. I shall have the two for breakfast tmr while the kids have their fave Yakun :p

Very happy 端午节!

No comments:

Post a Comment