Saturday 13 August 2022

COVID struck again!

The last man has gone down now. Yup, Sito who escaped the past two times, finally could escape no more... Must have got it in KL as he was visiting various warehouses or something.

I heard Sito cough on Monday, 1 Aug. Not uncommon. Then at bedtime, he said he had a sore throat. Time to whip out the ART. The result was almost immediate as the capillary action (?) happened :(

That was past 11.30 pm, i.e. kids were in school night beds and only the upper bunk was available. Um, no. So I continued to sleep in our bed, but with a mask on.

His symptoms were mild. Sore throat was gone by late morning the next day. But he started feeling cold and developed a fever. The poor guy was mostly in bed on Wednesday. By Thursday, he was on the recovery curve.

Dinner was served at his desk - he said it felt like hospital *.*


His next test was Saturday, i.e. day 6. Still a dark line. That was the last time he tested, ha! By Sunday, he could go out after 12 noon - considered low transmission risk.

But... I tested positive on Monday morning :( I guess it's inevitable since I was still sleeping in the same bed and I woke a few times to find his mask lost in bed *.*

I was so glad I had been wearing a surgical mask around the kids since Sito tested positive, in case I had already caught it from him. In fact, I was surprised it took so many days for me to test positive - kids and I tested every school day so I could bring them to the bus stop.

When I developed a sore throat on Thursday, i.e. when Sito was still positive, I thought I was going to get it. A bad cough started from Friday. No body ache but that could be because I tried out a new massage machine from JY which was so powerful that I was hurting for a day! But nope, negative. So we thought I happened to have caught a nasty bug, since I brought Yu to the NUH PD clinic on Monday.

Then I developed a fever on Saturday after lunch. We all thought that was it. Yet, I remained negative. I even brought Yu to his friend's birthday part on Saturday evening! But I kept my mask on except when eating and taking that one photo. So far, no COVID news from the group haha!

I didn't test on Sunday as I didn't go out. Maybe I was positive then? No idea.

Sito started feeling sick again on Monday. We think I had the bug before COVID and he was having it after COVID *.* My cough when I first got COVID in February was not this bad. I'm still coughing...

Anyway, Sito took over the meals on Monday and Tuesday. He left on Wednesday so we had food delivered until Friday. I was very happy to find 25% off for Dian Xiao Er takeaway on weekdays so I asked Yang to collect it. Plus it was high time they got more vege!

This time, I felt very bored. I switched to N95 mask when I tested positive. So hot compared to February! I watched too much drama the past few days - sounds wonderful but it got boring staying in. 

Yu also felt bored - again, he couldn't go to school. I gave him unlimited access to TV and iPad from Thursday when his brothers returned to school but they became boring soon. The poor kid would stand at my door to tell me he was bored :(

Or roll on the sofa


Or watch Robot-kun


At first I thought it was so sad that he was watching Robot-kun mop the balcony! But right after this photo, he reached out with a leg *.* Bored, maybe; playful, definitely!

I was running low on ART kits so I didn't test after my positive result until this morning. It was a clear negative. So happy - coz we were down to our last bottle of milk so someone had to buy milk :p

We're going to stay in the next couple of days as well. No school for Kai and Yang on Monday and Tuesday due to PSLE orals so I think I'll just keep Yu home. It happens that there's some virus going around in school; two friends are down with high fever.

Will continue to test the kids next week just in case. Hope they stay negative 🤞

No comments:

Post a Comment