Saturday 27 May 2023

Nuts about nuts

As a kid, I loved chocolate. Later, I realised that nuts could be so much more yummier than chocolate!

Cashew nuts are my fave. When I started working, I bought baked cashew nuts to eat with yogurt at home as a meal replacement coz I was trying to lose weight after university. Later, when I was breastfeeding Kai, I always had a small Ikea box of baked cashew nuts close by so I could snack if I got hungry when I woke to nurse in the middle of the night. 

During the recent Ramadan, we found peanuts at a steal in the supermarket so we started snacking on nuts. Kai likes the salted peanuts. Sito and I eat that mostly, plus the cracker nuts and seaweed nuts. I'm satisfied enough with these to give up cashew nuts which are way more expensive :p

At the Qing Ming gathering, I realised that my siblings already had a lot of white hair. I have just a few strands which are visible only if I comb my hair a certain way. Kind of strange. Did some googling and found that nuts could have had an impact on greying hair!

JY added that I wasn't stressed. But I only stopped paid work last year, and there was much to stress about, what with the kids' studies (more on that next time...), cooking (what next for dinner?!), the whole HDB thingy (I didn't feel settled until sale was completed earlier this year), and since February, renovation.

Anyway, nuts are here to stay in this household :) Love snacking on nuts when watching drama at night!









No comments:

Post a Comment