Tuesday 10 October 2023

Yu turns seven!

The baby of the family has turned seven! Sometimes he looks like such a big boy; sometimes he's so baby-ish; and sometimes he just acts cute. 

Fat face look


No matter what, he is growing up so fast. I can't wait to see him grow more and more! But maybe coz he's the last baby, I feel kind of sad that he's growing up already, sighs...

We had a few celebrations for him, just like we did for his brothers. First was a joint celebration with WaiPo. We packed Thai food for lunch and just chatted here and there for a while before having the cake. The kids were very happy coz JiuJiu gave them Netflix and Disney+! 

For strange reasons, Mother and Ah Yee kept standing in the kitchen to chat. My kitchen very nice or my seats not comfortable? Haha!

His 7th and her 77th 


We got a Sara Lee pound cake - so nostalgic coz it used to be a treat in childhood! Um, it's still a treat now coz it's like $7?! I made the chocolate version for way less... To be honest, I have no idea if mine tastes like the real deal as I haven't had it for years! But it's very yummy... 

Sito wants me to make the vanilla version so I chose the plain one for Saturday to try the taste first. It wasn't as nice as I remember it to be - maybe I remember the feeling of a treat and the lovely expectation of cake while waiting for the frozen block to be soft enough to cut :)

Anyway, all except Kai had the cake. Yang had two or three small slices! I was very surprised.

And we missed out on a group shot coz I realised at the last minute that there was no space for my table tripod! I made a note to find a spot for the tripod. But the backdrop of doors and cabinet isn't as nice as our old bookshelf in the old house...

Library books were due so we went to Bishan. We're loving it more with every trip haha! The library is big but not as crazy as the Vivocity one. There's Swensen's for the kids' beloved ice cream. There are Pokemon machines. There's Popular for the kids' essentials and nightmares (assessment books haha!). There's Venus for my cheap toiletries. It's a Capitaland mall with points too! :p

So happy with his ice cream before he discovered there were nuts!


I ended up eating the nuts for him. He also spitted out quite a few before giving up altogether!

I was so trigger happy that I didn't notice his mouth was full of wafer!


Still super game and cute la, this one :) Let them play Pokemon for a while - standard birthday game treat. Then we did some shopping but not all - we gave the value shop outside the mall a miss as we were quite tired! It was almost 8 pm by the time we got home. But got lots of things done, yeah!

Celebrations continued the next day when we went to AhMa's place. No cake coz the kids don't really eat but there were presents! Dinner was Tokyo Shokudo at Vivocity. Didn't roam the mall much as we had to be home early - the kids must rest early as Kai and Yang had English Paper I on Monday!

YeePo's powerful camera took in the whole row


Yu's birthday fell on Monday. I went to Ion to buy their fave doughnuts to make a cake for Yu. I spent 30 min roaming Tangs but bought nothing, very sad. To make my trip more worthwhile, I decided on Tori Go for their lunch instead of getting OCK coz the former is not available near home. Gosh, miss our old mall right downstairs haha!

Happy birthday, Yu!


Yes, found a spot for the tripod! But don't know what weird poses Kai and Yu were making *.* Yang was the sweetest :) He even got a nice pencil for Yu from the school bookshop :)))

For his brothers, we went out for dinner even though their birthdays fell on weekdays. But for Yu, we decided to stay in so his brothers could rest well for Chinese Paper I the next day. The planned pizza dinner become a zi char dinner coz somehow the shop was closed... But ok, Yu had a second doughnut and some popcorn after dinner. 

Just like that, he's on to his eighth year of life. In a flash, he will go to P2! Gosh, slow down, baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment