- Kai: 177cm / 59.3kg
- Yang: 164.5cm / 56.8kg
- Yu: 142cm / 40.7kg
Simi box?? I used a small box to level on their head, with one side touching the measuring tape.
"Did I grow taller?" Yes, you did, my boy! He grew just over 2cm. He seems to be growing more quickly. Maybe coz he has supper all the time... And recently, he has been having two cups of milk at tea and at supper!
Yu exclaimed, "Why am I still short?!" Well, he grew only 1cm but he hasn't been eating as much as before this year. But he still eats a lot sometimes - at Swensen's last Saturday, he finished a bowl of soup, the whole cornflake chicken, a bit of my sausage and a bit of fries. His parents could only eat kids' meals or be stuffed to the brim!
Weight-wise, it's really hard to fatten Kai up. I've been giving him a good breakfast this whole year but he's still skinny. Sito says he needs to exercise.
So Yang is catching up with Kai while Yu crossed the 40kg mark. But I should remind myself that I weighed them right after lunch so the weight might be inflated... Still, a significant increase from two months back.
Another measurement is their foot length.
Two Sundays ago, I realised that Yang was outgrowing his crocs after just six months. I measured their feet again. Strangely, Kai's feet shrank instead of grew?? Anyway, I bought bigger crocs for everyone. Yang can wear his new crocs before the other two who could still fit well into their current crocs.
School shoes are fine though. Maybe coz they were rather big to begin with. Think Yang chose 42/43! But I need to get new shoes for Yu - both pairs are holey! Kai has a pair of holey shoes too but his other pair is going strong and since he doesn't get his shoes as dirty anymore, maybe I'll just stick to one pair for him.
And talking about shoes, I must share something funny.
Yang is very proud of his big feet *.* So last week at tuition, there was a girl sitting in front of him who was in his class for a make-up so he had never met her. He found her quite tall and wow, her feet quite big! So this boy pointed to her feet and asked her how big her feet were. The girl slapped his hand away and ignored him. We had such a laugh when he recounted this!
Sito told him that maybe the girl was sensitive or she wanted to focus on the lesson. And hello, I had big feet as a kid and it was very hard to find shoes! Thank goodness it's much easier now. I think I would have been quite pissed and/or embarrassed to have a boy point out my feet!
Anyway, I expect to be the one with the smallest feet by next year.. Yu also has meaty feet and they're not much smaller than mine now!
That was Saturday. It is now harder to get matching outfits for them - have to find Kai's from the adult section. In any case, he prefers plain stuff - he often chooses plain tees or polo tees when he's alone for tuition class or chess tournaments. And he's such a grown boy now. Maybe matching outfits are getting too kiddish... Maybe family outfits for CNY ok :)
No comments:
Post a Comment