Sunday 26 December 2004

High-class kopi on a Christmas Day that feels like Boxing Day

Stomach is feeling weird. Might be the coffee I had at the post-dinner drinks with Kel, Kok and SY at TCC..

I'm feeling weird too, it felt like it was Boxing Day instead of Christmas Day. And come to think of it, last night felt more like Christmas than Christmas eve (which, by Kel's standards, was not even ping an for those who were outside!) So kopi today was like kopi at Bishan kopitiam, just four times as expensive..

SY and I were talking about shopping when I mentioned my lovely $5 beaded sandals from Bangkok. And a major realisation: Cousin is in Bangkok now and it's the weekend so she can help me buy from Chatuchak! But since I'm not sure of my Thai shoe size, I called Sito to ask in case he remembered; he bought sandals for his sister too. Ended up I should be size 11 and SY, 10. And ended up Sito came to join us cos he was in the vicinity and just parted with his friend.

So we were five.

Then Kok related the terror story, I mean, as in terrorism. His friend working in SGH saw this non-tourist looking Osama-looking guy with a video cam somewhere outside SGH, recording the areas from some bridge. OK my Singapore geography quite crap.. So his friend's colleague went to ask him what he was doing. Guess what, Osama-lookalike pushed him and dashed off! Colleague chased after him but lost him, went back to have lunch, thought it over and found it disturbing before finally going to the police. Kena scolded by the police! Should have reported it immediately! Nevermind the heroic chase..

A bit scary right? But I actually found it funny too cos natural reaction would be to make police report, not? And best part, why in the world would baddies send Osama-lookalikes to do such survelliance?! So freaking discrete ah?!

And Kel could not get over my previous post. Kok was saying a friend got a condo with his gf, whose family was quite rich, apparently. Then Kel said that would suit me, the girl he meant.. Had to explain to the rest that he thought I were lesbian (and Na, cannibalistic!) cos of what I wrote haha!

Then Kok remembered his friend in s17 or something found my blog and sent him the link. I was like, who's your friend? XX - I can't remember the name - but I don't know him! And I have only sent the link to Kel and Na for a preview so far. Even better, I've only got my initials here lor! Kel suggested that I had been "promoted", got stalker already. Right..

Feel strange that there actually exist some people I don't know but who know me or who I am. I'm just one normal (or strange depending on who's looking) girl trying to find my way about! Hence all these bimbotic rantings and random musings - what I term: mf-ism :)

Guys really do think differently. SY wanted to bake cookies and we thought we could borrow Kel's oven which had never been used in all its five glorious years. Then they all got started: -
"Why bake when you can buy?"
"Save it la; go calculate time and cost etc not worth it!"
"Say you don't have an oven; if you have, it's spoilt!"

Promises of Portuguese egg tarts and brownies did not move him to even try to test his oven. Don't they understand it shows we put in effort, and care and concern etc too, depending on who we are baking for! Sighs, next time really, if their gf make them cookies, we shall go: -
"Didn't you say not worth it?"
"Go buy better and nicer ma!"

And the finale.

Just as we were about to quit standing and talking in the middle of the pathway outside TCC and really leave the place, we made a discovery: there's a yellow pepper on the double yellow line of the road! It's so totally random! Recalling that I'll be cooking sweet and sour pork at grandmother's on Sunday I thought I should have that free pepper! :p Asked Sito to take it while I took a pict but pict was crap. So took a pict of the pepper in my hand instead. It cost 67cents :p Anyway one side wasn't pretty so I dumped it in the yellow bin in a minute.

I'm getting sleepier and hair is getting drier. Sleep to wake at 7am for a long-awaited jog with Susan!


2 comments:

  1. 1 comment, yes your value rose, now that you have a stalker, but you are 7 years later than Huiling, she had one long ago during the ancient times of JC.

    Lord Kelvin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh isn't it sweet of LORD KELVIN??

    *Bleah*

    Btw, SY, my cousin got my sms after she left Chatuchak! Sighs, no slippers for us..

    ReplyDelete