Sunday 10 October 2021

Yu turns five!

Our baby is no longer a baby!! But he's still such a baby :) We think it's coz he knows he IS the baby of the family :)

Last year just before circuit breaker, the grands brought Kai and Yu on a staycation. So I have been thinking of bringing Yu to a staycation for some time. Then there are the SingapoRediscover Vouchers. And I haven't had a break for a while...

But there was no good time for a staycation. Need to make sure they don't miss lessons, need to make sure we keep our date night, need Sito to be around with the brothers, need to make sure I don't leave the brothers too long, need to make sure no clashes with other celebrations, etc...

On Tuesday, I realised that 7-8 Oct would be good coz Thursday swimming was cancelled due to current restrictions! I booked it. Happy to find I had some Klook points which gave me more savings woohoo!

One glitch though - Yu's good friend E was having her birthday celebration in school on 7 Oct. I decided he should stay for that, i.e. until 4 pm. So we didn't manage to check in early enough to catch 3-5 pm happy hour 30% discount for xlb but we got something better - they had a $10 off $20 discount! 

On the bus to town


This boy couldn't sit still. But he had a lot to say! We talked about the sign on the bus about not standing on the upper deck. He found the hammers and asked about them. He found the no eating/drinking/durians/pets signs and asked about them. I also told him about a real animal crossing on the expressway, not the game that GeGe plays :p When we got home the next day, he told his brothers about it :)

Taking my usual photos of the room at Goodwood Park Hotel and this boy came over, "What is this?"


There's a bathtub!


This says "1906" on the licence plate, 110 years before Yu was born :p


As we walked towards Wisma, this boy was wondering why we were going farrer and farrer further and further from the hotel. He wanted to go back to watch TV! But we got to Wisma alright, and he decided he wanted to try cheese xlb. So we ordered six cheese and six original, plus a bowl of plain noodles. 

While waiting for our food, he was toying with the pen on the order chit and broke the clip! I told him he had to apologise to the uncle.

He looked like this the whole time until uncle came with our food


Mama: Are you worried?
Yu: *nods*
Mama: You have to own up. But it's ok. I will be here with you.

Uncle didn't hear his little voice saying sorry. I repeated for him. Uncle said it's ok! And we had our meal happily :) Yu had six xlb in total and most of the noodles - good for him!

I decided to head to Taka food hall to grab some snacks for the night. Along the way, we bought popcorn as promised. Had wanted to watch a movie but he wasn't keen on my little pony and anyway, the timing didn't work for us... We passed by milk tea and coconut drinks which he didn't want. But he walked straight into a candy store and grabbed a jelly drink. There was a deal so I asked him to get one more for WaiPo.

At the Taka food hall, I bought a couple of croquettes for myself and a stick of meatballs for him. Then I thought of getting underwear for him - his underwear are quite worn for some reason. His brothers' underwear never got that worn! And these were his very own, not handmedowns!

Browsing toys at Isetan after getting the "soft ones" for him - my high-maintenance boy likes his bamboo fabric...


I tried not to rush him. Just let him be. He wanted to pee earlier on so it was a matter of time before he moved, heh :p

We passed by the gelato place right outside Isetan. I offered him ice cream. To my surprise, he took a quick look and declined coz he wanted to go back and have his popcorn.

He discovered the lifts at Far East Plaza


Are you taller than the car? :p




Must use bathtub!!!


And he wanted me in too *.* So I did. But coz big boys and big girls cannot see each other, there would be no more baths together! I can't wait to go onsen again in Japan; Sito can take his boys :p

Time for snacks!


Sito brought back the Pocky from his SHN. His friend E gave him the vitamins. The cake was from the hotel. But nope, we didn't finish everything. Brought the Pocky and most of the popcorn and vitamins home.

First cake this year!


He decided to have his jelly drink before his cake


Then he decided not to have cake. I gave him just one little bite before finally giving him the popcorn - he likes the caramel one so I picked them out for him. 

So small on the king bed!


Joined him in bed after finishing the cake all by myself


He also had chocolate milk


His tummy was very round after all that food!! And he just lay on the bed to watch TV. He's a very quiet audience. Sometimes, I thought he might have fallen asleep but nope, he was still awake... Since it was a staycation, I let him stay up. I had no control over the TV so I watched drama on my phone - lucky I brought glasses and Airpods!

But he wouldn't sleep! He didn't even look tired! Finally, I couldn't take it and said we had to sleep by 11 pm when a cartoon segment ended. So we slept. 

Or rather, he slept. I woke a few times to feet in my ribs. Somehow, he went horizontal. Such a big bed and I had less than one arm's length :(

He woke at 7 plus and asked if it was morning. Sighs, I wanted to sleep in!

Let him watch TV until 9.30 am. Then we went for breakfast.

But check out the pool first :)


Happened to find an ex-colleague at the pool with his kids! Managed a hi before I had to run after Yu who had run off. He had wanted to go to the pool but I guess the TV was a greater draw.

Breakfast time!


Must pose


He had to think about how to pose


But no need to think when it came to playing with bacon swords


He liked the pineapple so we asked for more


He took a picture of me too :)


For some reason, my forehead was shiny... Didn't see this on other photos or in the mirror leh... Anyway, Yu took most of that bacon, a sausage and a slice of toast. After all that fruit, he didn't manage to finish the toast.

Puzzle time!


He would have continued with the TV if I hadn't reminded him that he wanted to bring this. This is quite heavy! We played a few puzzles and went back to the TV until it was time to go. But he decided to go poo when the lift was going down so we went back to the room. And coz there was no potty seat, I squatted in front of him and held his hand - and got a perfect view of his poo dropping into the toilet *.*

On our way to the train station


We read the poster above the reserved seat. He wanted to sit on me to be the baby. But I was carrying a lot of stuff so I told him to carry his bear bear like a baby instead.

Showing me his baby :)


Wanted to get a whole cake but the one he wanted was available only in slices. Mother didn't want a cake anyway so I got a few slices from Pine Garden.

Happy birthday to the 75yo and the 5yo!


I had totally forgotten about it but Yu didn't. He reminded me of the jelly drink so we got it out of the bag and he gave it to WaiPo. So cute to hear him speak Mandarin and so well!

Must have Yakult at WaiPo's place


Then he took over my phone


And made me do funny actions


Then my phone was disabled. When I could use it again, I accidentally hit the wrong key and was locked out again, this time for 15 min! No photos of him playing at the playground...

He wanted to take the train home so we walked to the train station. I had an even heavier load by then coz Mother gave us some biscuits, png kuey and pulut hitam. So sleepy by the time we got to the Downtown Line. Me. He wasn't sleepy at all *.*

But he needed to pee. So I sent him home and went down again to grab ice cream - I promised them ice cream for Children's Day! Also sorry to leave Kai and Yang at home for most of Children's Day, but then again, hard to go out much when we must come home for dinner.

They were all pleased with Magnum mini - who wouldn't? :)

I let them play Nintendo until dinner time so I was too tired *.*

After our date night, I wanted to go peek at Yu on the last day he was four. But I didn't coz we encountered our first big cockroach in this house :( It was above the bookshelf and too high up to reach. I went to bed and dared not come out. Yu came at 2 plus for milk. Hello, 2 plus?! I said no, there's a cockroach outside. In the morning, I learnt that he went to find kakak instead! I was very thirsty before daybreak and found Sito's water in the bedroom instead of coming out to get mine.

So when I next saw him, he was five! Happy birthday!

He asked me sweetly if there would be a delivery (for him). Oh yes! I quickly went to write his name and address and stuck the paper on his present :p When Sito was ready, I pretended to collect something from the door :p

Opening his "delivered" present!


It's a box of magnetic experiments!


He had fun with it; his brothers like it too!


Doughnut cake for the baby!


And so happy to have the five bear bears reunited :))) But only these three weekends, sighs... So milk it! We all went into the pool to play on his birthday - all three like it when we go into the pool with them. Sito became a boat again, and Kai and Yang tried to lift me off the ground in the water; Kai managed to do it.

Yu decided what to have for dinner :p


These two are always playing and talking at meal times. Good to see them have fun with each other but goodness, meal times are way too long!

Yang taught Yu how to hold two magnets with hand in between


Such a sweet smile but Yang wanted to spoil the pic argh...


The grands came over today - just two of them coz of COVID-19 restrictions. They played the new toys for a while after lunch before cake time.

Strawberry cake as requested!


I wasn't in the picture coz helper was out on her rest day. Managed to stand the phone on a tissue box later but little Yu's face was blocked by the candles! :p

With that, we concluded Yu's fifth birthday celebration at home. He'll celebrate with his friends tomorrow. Don't know if I'll get the photos. Will add if I do!

Update 21 Oct 2021

Celebration in school on 11 Oct :)


No comments:

Post a Comment