Thursday 9 March 2023

Taking care of old Papa and Mama

Last week, Yu suddenly said he would take care of us when we were old. Awww, so sweet :) I just let it be and then we had further conversations:

1)
One night, I asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. He mentioned the wanted to become a policeman previously but you know, these things can change..

Yu: I don't want to be police. 
(He remembers!)
mf: Then what do you want to be?
Yu: I don't know. I don't what what (jobs) there are.
mf: Maybe you can be a teacher like Papa?
Yu: Oh ya, I can be a Math teacher. I'm good at Math!
mf: I'm good at Math too!
Yu: But counting is so boring, haha!

2)
Then on the bus one day, he talked about how old he would be when his brothers are x years old and in secondary school and university etc. 

Yu: When I go to university, you will be old, right?
mf: Yes, I'll be old by then (sad face)
Yu: When you're old, I'll take care of you and Papa. Because I will have money!
mf: Oh, where will your money come from?
Yu: You.
mf: um, I think you need to work to earn money...
Yu: Ok, I'll work. Math teacher. And I'll have money to buy cai fan for you. I'll buy three cai fan for you, Papa and me.
mf: With curry vegetables?
Yu: Yes.

3)
I posted on Facebook about him wanting to take care of us and JY asked if he would buy her a pack of cai fan too.

Yu: Ok. But I don't know how to go to her house.
mf: (Gosh, he wants to send the food over!) Oh, I'll bring you there ok?
Yu: Ok.

So sweet 💗

Somehow I really wanted to eat cai fan last Sunday. But it was drizzling so it was troublesome to head to the coffeeshop. And Sito was out for tea with friends and lost track of time. So I dropped Kai and Yang at tongue tip noodles while Yu followed me to the foodcourt to eat cai fan!

With curry vegetables of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment