Friday 8 March 2024

We love McDonald's!

Seriously, what's not to love about it??

For a year or so in upper primary school, I went to Macs quite a lot as my paternal grandmother used to work there and we got a lot of coupons - we had nuggets by the 20s! I remember CY and Yan joining us coz so many coupons...

Later, CY and I went to KFC on our library days... Didn't pick up Macs again until JC - somehow we liked going to Macs at Serene Centre or KAP, and at least once, we had it sitting on the floor at the atrium in Takashimaya. Did we call it Taka square?

And uni when there was this student card that gave me a free bacon burger or sthg when I got a meal. Very useful to save it for another meal!

Then in my 20s, I happened to share french fries with Yan and realised Macs could be a good snack if I didn't fancy a full meal.

The next time I had Macs quite often was when we were staying at Bukit Panjang, no thanks to the outlet right downstairs. Sito would get it - or some other fast food - for dinner/supper after returning home late from work. There were other fast food outlets there but the kids much preferred Macs, be it breakfast or lunch/dinner. 

Now, we still go to Macs for our Saturday breakfast every month or two. We have so many points that Kai and Yu can have as many hashbrowns as they like - we just redeem them one by one :p During term breaks when I seldom cook, Macs is a common dinner request.

The only difference is that Macs is now 10 min away. We also have BK but we seldom have that. And a bit further away, we have Star Vista with a few fast food options. Healthier now? :)

Another reason we like Macs is the ice cream. We used to give them an ice cream treat after dinner elsewhere but now it's less accessible. So sometimes when we're out, we may still have Macs for dessert. Like that day after watching a performance at Esplanade.

Papa took his brothers to the toilet


And it was then that I saw a notice saying that the outlet - at Raffles City - would have its last day on 29 February!

We once had Macs before an outlet closed too - KAP


That was little Kai, on 1 Mar 2014, a few months before Yang joined us, and just before the outlet ceased ops on 14 March. We probably made the trek there purposely.

No comments:

Post a Comment