Wednesday 14 August 2024

因为我还年轻

I love to sing since I was very young. I remember having a cassette tape of Chinese nursery rhymes, a kiddy book with lyrics and piano score for some of these songs, and singing with Yan over the good old telephone during kindergarten days.

At some point, we started differentiating between 大人歌 and 小孩歌 or 儿歌 - forgot which term we used but it was definitely 大人歌 for non-nursery rhymes :p

And apparently, my very first 大人歌 was 《我还年轻》by 张清芳 Stella Chang, which came out in 1986. I remember Mother telling me to sing in front of relatives when we went to TPY :p

Then I never stopped singing.

So when I happened to hear about Stella Chang's concert in March, I decided that yes, I should go!

The day finally came - 10 August. I missed watching fireworks with the boys from our kitchen, from a heartlands celebration of National Day right outside Star Vista. But Sito was with them. And I enjoyed the concert in Star Vista and Stella let us know that fireworks were going off outside!

This was only my second time at a concert. The first was 伍佰 in 2002 - yes, 22 years ago! I was excited even though I was going on my own. Songs and singing can, after all, be a very personal affair.

I found my seat - I was looking right at the middle of the stage, and in between another solo concert goer and a group of four aunties. In fact, I must be among the younger adults in the audience! Some of my age range brought kids along but the majority was maybe around 50yo.

As the first notes rang out at 8.10 pm, I was very 激动 coz it was《我还年轻》!!! She sang so many songs and I knew all but two of them - one was probably not a 主打歌 while the other was a worship song - she said she would always sing a different one at each concert. And there was an English song by her elder son! Looked like a somewhat reluctant teenager and reminded me of Kai :p

Many in the audience were singing along - the side screens showed lyrics. Some were invited on stage to sing 《这些日子以来》with her. She also went down the stage to greet fans. I was up on the second level so too bad for me :p

The concert ended at about 10.30 pm, after an encore of two songs. Took some time to leave the theatre due to crowd control. I was quite tired - seldom went home so late! But ok, don't complain coz 我还年轻 :p But I wasn't young enough to pop into Teo Heng KTV downstairs to sing haha!

mf in red - my pretty dress and also ND weekend


Only took a photo of her and her son coz cute and coz they were just talking. Much as I would like to have more keepsakes, I figured there was no point going to a concert and instead of focusing on it, looking through the phone camera to take photos and videos!

I wonder if my next concert would be 20 years later... Hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment