Sunday 6 September 2020

Achievements unlocked!

Took leave on Teachers' Day since the kids would all be home. I think we went to Mother's place in the past few years but this year, I forgot :p

After nap/quiet time, three boys and two balls started bouncing off the walls. Nightmare *.* So I hauled them out of the house. Sito and I were thinking of ordering pizza for dinner but since I was bringing them out, I thought I might as well bring them out for dinner. I was also inspired by JY who brought her three boys out on her own - granted, her eldest is older than Kai, so I'm not too adventurous, staying only in the neighbourhood :)

Yu wanted to play scooter


While his brothers had fun with soccer


The last time we went downstairs to play scooter, Yu fell and had a huge baluku on the left side of his head. This time, I made him wear a helmet.

Later, he wanted me to "practise" ball with him


His brothers went up to get their scooters too. Soccer was very hard work! They drank so much water! This time, they scooted a lot instead of playing at the playground. Maybe coz there were quite a number of kids at the playground and my kids were anti-social haha!

My awesome boys getting ready for their last race of the day


Went up to put the stuff away and peed and topped up water before heading out. Gave them a prep talk at the lobby before we left for BPP.

Our first stop is BATA - need to get shoes for Yang. But Yu wanted new shoes too. Oh well, his shoes are mostly just nice now, so I got a slightly bigger pair. They were so happy! Kai's shoes still fit so he just went around pointing out girly shoes to trick his brothers into trying *.*

Then we headed to get some melamine sponges. For some reason, I thought I could get them at the value shop. It's a dangerous shops with lots of traps! So I allowed them to choose one snack each, subject to my approval. I ended up getting snacks and toothpaste - no sponges. 

It was only when we exited that I saw Japan Home - sponges! But that's also a dangerous shops for a different reason - gotta pass by glassware... I made them promise to stick close and not touch anything before we went in. Success!

By then, I was ready to sit down. I had a sling purse, a backpack, a bag of shoes and a bag of snacks and household goods. The kids were also hungry, after all that kicking of balls and scooters. On our way to the foodcourt, the older boys played some Candy Crush or something on the laptops at Harvey Norman. Yu would have done the same except that he's too short!! I waited outside the foodcourt while Yu ran back to fetch his brothers.

Kai and I read a short story about 食阁 a couple of days ago. So I showed the boys around the foodcourt, and pointed out the mixed vege stall specifically. Yu saw the fried chicken and wanted that hoho! But when we sat down, he decided to stick to his first choice - fishball noodles. His brothers took up my suggestion of fried rice.

He claimed it was the yummiest fried rice in his life, hmm...


Poser Yang, hoho! He had all the egg coz Kai didn't want it


Yu had maybe 70% of the fishball noodles, yeah! (The rest was my dinner)


I couldn't bring them to Macs coz I couldn't wipe ice cream off Yu with my hands full. So after dinner, we opened up Yu's chosen snack - ferrero rocher! - and they were happy :)

Were we done? No! We had to get food for Papa and Kakak too! So we went down, and bought food at three adjacent eateries - Papa wanted to 加料 heh :p And on our way out, I can't remember which pair of sharp eyes spotted Old Chang Kee. Since they had been good, I let them choose a snack. Kai, Yu and I shared a stick of cheesy chicken balls while Yang had a stick of fried fishballs minus one for me. 

It was quite a breeze going home :) So they were given a mini Cornetto at home :) And when all were showered, we sat down for three short Chinese stories. I had them sit in front of me while I read - I was Teacher Mama! They were super cute and played along.

Ok, take your phones now, boys. Time for my cave haha! So tired after three hours outside with them!

It was that day that I truly appreciate my Triple P Online! All the prep prep and more prep works! Giving rewards and stating consequences of not behaving as expected gives them both motivation and deterrence. I was rather pleased :) First achievement this weekend!

Then yesterday, when Sito was with me, I forgot about prep towards the end haha! It was wet so we didn't go downstairs to play. Kai played chess with Papa while Yang and Yu made a mess of the dining area with their painting. That really got us out of the house so that A could clean properly.

Paint on hand is fine but they started splattering paint!


Tired from sharpening a colour pencil while waiting for food, hoho!


There was no place to go to after dinner - everything was still wet. I suggested hanging out at the kiddy ride area but Yang wanted to go outdoors. Then an idea struck me - the pond!

Looking at turtles - also saw a huge fish for the first time!


They kept running ahead of us at the second half of the route around the pond


Thanks to Yang for wanting to go outdoors, we managed to take a nice little stroll after dinner. We took the bridge to the CC and went down to the pond. For the first half, they talked a lot - I said we were disturbing the peace of the area hoho! But second half, Sito and I enjoyed our walk while eyeing the kids in front of us :) Sito said four is a magical age haha! Second achievement!

Then Yu started running on the walkway outside the CC and refused to stop. See? This is what happened when I forgot to prep talk them.

Managed to catch up just before the zebra crossing. I don't think he would cross the road on his own but better safe than sorry - grabbed him the whole way to the other side of the road. He was angry and kept trying to break free, hitting in the process. Suspended him from funny video and did a debrief back home - I think the debrief deserves a separate post...

Today, we're likely to stay home as Sito had requested for pasta dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment