Monday 28 September 2020

More buns and some soup

After making some plain rolls, I decided I wanted some hotdog buns. So I used the same recipe and rolled out some strips to wrap around some mini hotdogs. 

The result looked like ****


The second attempt was much better - and Kai made the middle one :)


The kids all like the hotdog buns. Even Yang who doesn't like the plain rolls. Um, same dough... I feel like I should just make plain rolls and stuff hotdogs into them just before eating - so much easier!

My next challenge is an apple pie, as requested by Yang. Will need to make some serious shortcrust pastry to do that. So I did a trial..

Sausage rolls with some sleeping in a shortcrust pastry bed


The taste was ok - I taxed the top right one, oops... But I think I need colder butter next time. Or I can try using the stand mixer. I'd be very pleased if it works!

Recently, we started having herbal chicken soup. JY gave me a simple recipe using whole chicken or pork ribs. I chose chicken legs instead - easier to eat. The first time, the kids shared 2.5 legs. The second time, I gave them one leg each - and they finished everything! Tmr will be the third time - looking forward to it!

What surprised me the most was that Yu liked the soup quite a bit :)

Happily bubbling soup in my Snoopy CorningWare


I made a list of soups to cook but I haven't planned it all out yet so I haven't sent it to A. Truth be told, I'd rather be the one to cook the soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment