Wednesday 9 September 2020

Kai's happy day

I can't remember the last time I met friends. Today, however, Kai had a play date - good for him, hoho!

I decided to take leave today before the play date invitation. Then two things came along - the play date and a meeting. And the logistics weren't pretty. I didn't want A to send Kai coz (1) she would have to send and come back, and then I would make the same trip, i.e. lots of wasted time; and (2) what if they couldn't find the place, even on a cab?

So I decided to attend the meeting at Starbucks or Toast Box or something at Paya Lebar Quarter with Kai sitting next to me with the iPad, before sending him to the play date slightly late.

As luck would have it, I was informed yesterday afternoon that the meeting got postponed, woohoo!!

We sent Yang and Yu to B1 and headed to his favourite breakfast. Last time, I tried their swiss roll - not bad. This time, I tried their muffin - not nice :(

Kai looks so tiny here, though his hands feel bigger every time I hold them


He played chess on the iPad for a while while I did some shopping online - it's 9.9! The boys have been singing the PCK Shopee 9.9 song the past couple of weeks. Sito even recorded Kai singing it! Not posting here coz I was in PJ pants in the background :p

Give you the original - can learn Singlish too!!


When we got into the car, Kai asked, is this the lady's car? Then I realised that this was the first time that Kai took Grab car - tall enough not to be rejected! Not that we have tried before hoho!

And really, my reason (2) came true - driver followed GPS into a wrong road! And when she found the correct road based on intuition, that road led to a dead end due to construction! The next time, we finally found the place, and only coz I spotted the house number that was hidden away from the road *.*

Ok, bye, Kai! :p

My next stop was Daiso at Singpost Centre. Parkway Parade is nearer but I thought maybe there would be more things over at Paya Lebar...

I was very happy at Daiso :) But it is quite small so I didn't get all that I wanted. It's ok, I should get going!

This reminded me of Taipei somehow :)


I went to a number of shops and bought a pretty blouse for myself and a pair of plain pants for Kai, with the latter more ex, hoho!

I was getting really tired but it was not time for pick-up yet! I told both Kai and his friend's mum that I would be there between 1 pm and 1.30 pm. I dong-ed until 12.45 pm and hopped into a cab!

When I picked Kai up, he wished I could have fetched him later. Hey, who wanted me to pick him up at 1 pm?? I think he was at first worried about whether I could find him - probably coz the last time, he was at a condo common area which was quite large but that time, A stayed with him; Pre-COVID :p

Well, can't blame him. From the photos, the small group of boys really had a lot of fun! They went to the pool, had fried rice, had ice cream and were playing Nintendo/laptop when I got there.

We took the cab to BPP. Just as we got out of the cab, I realised that he had worn his shirt inside out! My silly boy!

I think this photo taken at Popular deserves its own post!


Kai happily went to play Nintendo when we got back, while I unpacked my Daiso stash. Bought a big die coz it's big, haha!

Bought a balance game too!


Then Kai convinced me to play Mega Man.... Gosh, that was hard!! First, my son is not the best teacher! Second, my hands cannot la... How to jump and shoot at the same time! And I don't quite remember which button is for what action *.* I'm now very impressed with how fast Kai does it!

Better to take wefie while he plays


Came out of the shower to find them playing the new toy


I was surprised Yu could manage the little knobs very well and didn't knock over everything!


Kai did not jump around much at bedtime today. Think he must be tired out from his play date. Just as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment