Friday 18 December 2020

Sleep, my baby, sleep

Child care was closed this afternoon so Yang and Yu didn't have their usual nap. After a shower and a doughnut, they watched Kai play Zelda on the Switch. I was doing some stuff on the laptop when Yu pottered over and told me he was tired. He climbed on me, rolled his eyes back and dozed off.

My arm and shoulder started screaming with a familiar pain but I was unwilling to set him down. He had not napped on me for a very long time. Might this be the last?

We stopped him from coming to sleep in our bed at night recently. So I haven't hugged him to sleep for some time. Just last night, I was telling him I would go sleep in his bed so that he could hug me to sleep, this the only boy who would put his arms around my neck to sleep.

I looked at his perfect little face with a spot of chocolate on the side of his mouth. I touched his cute little nose. I stroked his chubby little cheek. I kissed his forehead. And I cried a little for the chance to hold my sleeping baby, my last baby...


Lucky it didn't take long to sayang him, for he woke in 15 minutes...!

No comments:

Post a Comment