Saturday 18 September 2021

Phonics for Yang + a play date

After months of suffering spelling and hanyu pinyin with Yang, I finally did something drastic about it - outsource!

JY's kids went to this teacher at Bibinogs in Serene Centre and linked me up with her. So Yang went for a trial on 7 August. 

As we passed through Botanic Gardens MRT, Yang remembered that that was the way to AhMa's house. So after the lesson, we packed a cake to surprise her! He chose a healthy cake for her, hoho! Also packed a croissant for his lunch along the way.

Grandma and grandson posing with the cake


The next Saturday, we sat down for lunch. It was a pretty expensive lunch for a sour dough egg tart and a scone *.* And he was so hungry by dinner time! So we decided we should just quickly go home for lunch next time.

He wanted to pose


Understanding the bend in the train


So yup, we continued after the trial. The class was actually at K2 level but it helped his basics. By his second lesson, I could see improvements! So I gave notice just in time to end by the end of this term. No need to waste time and money to continue anymore, yeah!

It's really not easy for parents to send kids for enrichment. Last time Yamaha was fine as I sat in with him. Now, I have to wait 1.5H for him *.* Already went to JY's place twice as it's quite near and they drive. Tried to go to Ion once to run an errand but realised at the bus stop that I wouldn't make it back in time so I went back to wait and ended up doing a 30-min back massage. Fourth lesson, I had a haircut. Fifth and sixth, I had brunch at Killiney with JY and was super full until dinner.

The final lesson took place yesterday - it was PSLE listening comprehension, i.e. no school for the rest, so we changed the class to Friday instead. Arranged a play date with JY too - second time! First time in Sep update planned for end of month, heh :p

Yu was so funny - willingly let JY hold his hand as we left the building! Ok, bye! :p We took the bus over and the boys made themselves at home. We all had porridge for lunch at some point before I went to fetch Yang and K3. Apparently, while I was gone, Yu was happily playing on his own while Kai and K2 were chatting about chess. K1 was having listening comprehension and came home after the three of us.

The teacher said K3 told her that he was scared to go home with a stranger. She assured him that she would call his mummy. But he let me hold his hand anyway. Along the way, the two boys chatted. K3 also warmed up to me after a while - Auntie mf, Auntie mf! But he seemed a bit nervous - his arm was stiff as he let him hold his hand, awww...

Yang and K3 had lunch too. To my surprise, Yang also had a plain prata! Kai had an onion prata while Yu was absorbed in play. But after a while, he came out to ask, "Where's my prata?" Oops, we thought he had forgotten... To save the trouble of frying another one, I cut some butter cake for him - happened to have baked one and brought a third to JY.

Later, Kai said JY's porridge was much better than kakak's; Yang said he didn't like it; Yu said he was ok. I say Yang really gave face then, coz he ate everything and quite quickly!

Anyway, the kids kept playing while the mummies attempted to chat. A lot less relaxed than the first play date coz we were more involved with the kids *.*

Then it was playground time!

Catching before setting boundaries to the playground


Deciding who to be the catcher


Decided!


Run!


Yu was rocking as he counted when he was the catcher - no time to do video


Wait a minute - why must they cover their eyes when playing catching? :p

Soon, more children came and it was time for us to go too. I had wanted to go to AMK Hub, but gosh, I was too tired by then so we went straight to Mother's place.  Let the kids watch cartoons while I vegetated by the side.

And then dinner was ready!


Where are my prawn fritters?! Very sad, no prawn fritters for a long time already. Coz the kids don't eat them; they eat nuggets. I shall request for prawn fritters next time!

The salmon was not present in 30 years of living in AMK. Neither were eggs cooked this way - this was legacy from Kai's toddlerhood. The soup is now in a slow cooker - gave some to the kids who drank for the carrot that is old-school chocolate eyewear. 

I had my own dessert - a mooncake-shaped chocolate. I mistakenly thought they were chocolate mooncake, i.e. snowskin with chocolate filling. No, these were chocolate with some filling. It was very filling!

Kids also dozed off on the taxi home. We were all tired! They still wanted some phone video so I let them end the day happy too. And I dozed off right after saying goodnight to them!

And, notice something? We started with AhMa and ended with WaiPo, hoho!

No comments:

Post a Comment