Saturday 14 May 2022

Last long child care centre closure!

Every year since 2019, the centre has a three-day closure for training in May. With primary school kids, we couldn't go anywhere pre-COVID, much less now. And this year, it had been raining almost daily since March (?!) so I was also in a fix about what to do...

As expected, it rained on Wednesday. We went to Yakun for breakfast, and came back to watch TV (Yu) and do housework (me). It was a pretty normal day otherwise, as I still had to work with Kai on his last paper for mid year exams on Thursday.

We got lucky the next day though. The forecast said rain. The skies said lovely. I decided to trust the skies - had told Yu that I would try to bring him to Bukit Timah Summit one of these three days. He said he wanted to go when I brought Yang and then both Kai and Yang. But now, he was concerned. After some querying, I realised that he was afraid that he would need to climb with hands and feet, you know, 爬山!

He had some milk before we set off while I had a bite of a hotdog bun in case I got dizzy like the second time... We alighted one bus stop earlier *.* but it was a pleasant enough walk. And I could remove my mask! He didn't want to...

Reading signs along the way


The log that looks like a face!


I said the leaves were the eyes and the two yellow dots were 鼻孔 :p Yu said no, the leaves were eyebrows when the man was angry and the dots were eyes coz people must have eyes!

On our way down, Yu found a leave...


... and gave the face a nose! Ok I can agree with Yu now :p


We took the steps to the top and walked down the slope. This time, we walked down this side trail that says "Quarry Road (200m)". Turned out it led to a lookout point overseeing the quarry from high up. But it was mostly blocked by trees.

Yu: What's a quarry?
Mama: I'll show you...

Yu at the top!


Let Yu had the hotdog bun at the visitor centre before we carried on to Hindhede park just off the visitor centre. He saw the arrow to the promised playground but I whisked him off to the other direction first coz I wanted to see the quarry!

So nice!


I remember visiting a quarry in secondary school or so, with Jo. We were kind of standing at an edge overseeing the quarry... Not sure which quarry though!

Look at the roots of the trees next to the quarry!


Ok, let's go to the playground! :p But it was a deserted playground. Few people know about it for one. The structures were also not terribly fun. 

He said it was boring...


But we still played there for quite a while *.* He had fun in a bucket swing - I had to carry him in and out. So heavy! Actually he could barely fit in already. Big boy!

Enjoying his swing!


Prata brunch!


Then we went to cut his hair. He finally agreed to cutting it coz of some reason I didn't catch well. He also said F likes to touch his botak head so I think the latter is a good enough reason coz I also like to sayang his spiky head :p

I had wanted to go for a foot massage but I guess that was not to be with this monkey in tow! In any case, I was so tired! He was still energetic though! 

Pre-swimming lesson


I took the chance to soak in the jacuzzi pool, nice :)


But I also waddled quite a bit with them after the lesson. My legs are very sore now! And worse, my nose is dripping :( Guess it was hot but not hot enough?

On the third day, Yu wanted to bake a butter cake. But I just made that a couple of weeks ago. And Sito wanted cookies so we baked cookies!

Yu helped to measure out the flour and sugar


I had never tried this recipe before so I read out the full recipe. Ended up he wouldn't let me reduce the sugar level!

These are huge cookies!


Mum came over to drop some Swiss rolls, and had a cookie while Yu had lunch. Yu had the same lunch as Wednesday - char siew bun and two sticks of chicken meatballs. 

When the brothers came home, we went to town. Got bigger school tees for Kai but didn't manage to get shoes for him. He has only one pair now coz the other pair broke - very rough use *.*

Made them all bring something for the trip to relieve me


Besides kaypoh-ing Yang, Yu also read a bit on his own, shoes off of course!


These are new shoes we bought before we came home the day before. His shoes broke on Tuesday. He couldn't fit into his two pairs of sneakers. But we found an old pair of sandals that belonged to Kai?? But he kind of scrapped his toe in the playground and it hurt to wear the sandals. In any case, the sandals were cracked on one side. He wanted to keep them but I threw them away later :p

Kai somehow spotted GuGu in Ion!


Kai carrying his baby Yang, who was in the midst of scissors paper stone with Yu, hoho!


XLB time!


And fried rice for Kai who forgot that he liked the yummy noodles too


I gave him some noodles too, since his brothers couldn't finish anyway. And then he couldn't finish his fried rice so I had that, heh! The fried rice is also yummy :)

Decided to bus home but it was a long wait and we couldn't get on that bus. The next bus came pretty soon and we all had seats upstairs, albeit separated until towards the end. Still settled down pretty early though. Happy!

With that, we have only two more centre closure days before Yu leaves kindy!

No comments:

Post a Comment