Sunday 20 November 2022

Bye bye school year 2022!

Thursday was the last day of school for Kai and Yang, Friday being Honours Day when only those with awards would need to go to school.

Thursday was also - quite likely - the last time that Yu and I sat together at breakfast, just the two of us. He woke in his own bed in his own room quite late, at 7.40 am. After 15 min of rolling in bed, he had his favourite breakfast of milo and crackers and chattered away as usual. 

He moved further in and beckoned for me to sit next to him on the bench :)


I went to fetch Kai and Yang on Thursday. They grabbed a quick lunch at 7-11 and we hopped on the bus, but Yang and I alighted at Stevens MRT while Kai continued his way home. Yang had an appointment at the Student Health Centre.

On the TEL for the first time - brand new trains and stations!


During the eye check, I was worried when he couldn't read the letters on the screen; I could read everything. Later, I found out it was all testing; his eyesight was good though the right eye could be mildly off. Bottom line is - no need glasses.

Friday was Yu's last day in school. I planned to withdraw him at the end of November since I'm not working. Further, it would be so hard to convince him to go to school until end of December when his brothers are home. Lucky kid got to skip one month of school, unlike his brothers who went to school until end of December!

Then, I realised that the brothers would be home during the last two weeks of November too. And we would be on holiday in the 20s. So I tried to withdraw him earlier - on 18 Oct, i.e. exactly one month before 18 Nov - but was told that notice had to be given by 1 Oct *.* 

And best, right after that, the school informed parents that they would be renovating the centre and all kids would go to their church from 21 Nov to March next year! In short, I decided that his last day would be 18 Nov. After that, I would send him to school only if I really, really need to... So lucky kid is even luckier!

With the move, some parents changed school or had last day on Friday like us. So there was a farewell party on Friday. I also brought some cupcakes for afternoon tea for his class and all the staff. Happened to bump into his classmate's father who came to get the younger kid in a dino costume, after showing up at K2 class party in the same costume in the morning - the kids really loved it!

Anyway, Friday was Sito's birthday so we celebrated his birthday - more on that later. So we celebrated the end of the school year on Saturday!

Apparently, I promised them Yakun haha!


Yang had almost all the eggs! Yu tried some and decided against it. Kai had lots of toast as usual - gave him his requested number of pieces, and what his brothers couldn't finish.

After breakfast, we went to the supermarket. I showed them the cost of some foods we have regularly or they like, and asked Kai and Yang to compare against the prices we saw in 7-11 on Thursday. So they learnt that it's usually cheaper to buy at a supermarket than a convenience store, coz you must pay for that convenience...

It was rainy and very cold on Saturday so we thought hotpot for dinner would be great! The free flow drinks were carbonated which Yang and Yu don't like so to be fair, we didn't offer Kai drinks. They all have their water bottle with them. Kai and Yang ate quite a lot! Yu didn't like the shabu as much but he had his share of chicken cheese balls :p

Best of all, they had free flow ice cream! Thankfully, each tub was small. While they were having their second tub, Sito and I went to pay. When I came back, I found that Kai and Yu were on their third!! When I said that must be the last one, Yang quickly finished his second and took a third *.* Sito and I shared two tubs - a 懐かしい strawberry and a refreshing lime.

Our warm dinner before a cold treat, or two, or three!


I ordered their school books and collected Yu's uniforms on Wednesday. So all there's left to do is to wait for the books and I can prepare them (and myself) for the new school year! That's it then, AY 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment