Saturday 12 November 2022

Last P1 orientation

So many lasts... 😭

Yesterday morning, Yu finished writing thank-you notes to his kindy teachers, on cards that he made a couple of weeks ago. Then I gave him a letter - I wrote such a letter to each of them at this time, as they graduated from kindy and were going to primary one.

He read it out loud :)


Then he decided that he wanted to write Papa and Mama a note too. He asked for sticky paper but I no longer had big ones for him so he asked for regular paper. He said it was a secret and went away to write - across the table from me :p

After he stuck the two pieces of paper together, he put it into the envelope I gave him earlier, and handed it to me. He's the only boy to write such a note on his own at this age :)))

Awww, so sweet! 


First page was exactly what he wrote to us in school but the second page was all his. Yup, we just had a movie night on Thursday, since there was no school on Friday, it being promotion day and orientation day.

Made burgers for them for lunch. Made the buns myself, and used frozen Korean beef patties. Reviews varied from not too bad to good. But I forgot about myself - the beef patties came in packs of three and I was busy settling lunch for them. Didn't realised it until 3 plus during the orientation *.*

We took the bus to school. Little boy was in my lap most of the time, a little sleepy and babbling baby things. I got him to sit up as we exited the expressway to show him the schools along the way. Then I realised he doesn't know his school name in full!!

Must take picture and remind him back home :p


Dropped him off at a classroom. The teacher registering him got his name and asked, "你是振扬的弟弟吗?" It was Yang's form teacher! I couldn't recognise at first coz of the mask. She asked Yu in Mandarin where Yang was and what he was doing. Yu replied in Mandarin too - 在家;在玩 :p

I watched him settle down with his bag and collect a piece of paper for colouring. Then I went to the concert hall. I've been through all the school values etc but I must know some admin details for next year so... 

This was the first in-person orientation since 2019. They had two kids as emcees - very cute. They also had quite a few videos to show us. One documents the life of a kid who was in P2. Then I saw Yang a few times in that video! :) Later, Yang told me that was his classmate and the filming made him hold his pee *.*

Finally, it was time to fetch Yu! The teachers distributed a sandwich and water for the kids. Yu finished the sandwich! I thought I could have a bite, haha! 

He told me there were 25 kids in his class. He made some friends but he could tell me the name of only the one who sat next to him. They did colouring but he didn't complete his. They also played games. In all, it was fun! I'm so happy that he enjoyed himself :)

I've ordered his uniforms, and since it was 11/11, I also bought his schoolbag online. I wanted to buy from Popular but there was only the display piece left and the $30 vouchers were partner vouchers and not Popular vouchers. Now, I just need books and shoes - will buy together with his brothers'.

No comments:

Post a Comment