Tuesday 8 November 2022

Our last kindy graduand

Finally, we attended our last kindy graduation concert last Saturday, 5 Nov. Mixed feelings - happy on one hand and sad on the other. Our babies are growing up so fast!

The last preschool concert took place in 2019 before the pandemic happened. In 2020, Yang had an in-school graduation concert that was recorded and sent to parents. This year, the school managed to put up a proper concert but only for the graduating class.

I sent Yu to the venue earlier and went to grab breakfast at the mall nearby. Other parents joined in and we had a good chat. I had wanted to chope seats for the rest but ended up they arrived before me! :p But it was really nice chatting with this group of parents :)

The kids started the morning with a performance in their graduation robes. Then they were called on stage to receive their certificate. Graduation speeches in English and Mandarin followed. I think Yu can speak as well but more slowly :p Then they gave another performance that linked to a card presentation to parents - each family sent a rep to receive a card from their graduand. 

Before the concert, he told me he was worried. I thought he was nervous about the performance but no. He said he wrote something wrongly on the card. It's perfectly fine, my dear :)

My baby presented this to me :)


Oh, I didn't cry :p Maybe coz I knew about the card? I remember crying when Kai walked down the aisle to give Sito and me flowers and a card.

Our boy came to sit with us coz there was a surprise for him too!


It was a video message from parents! He saw other parents first and asked if we did one. Of course! And he was very pleased to see us on the screen :) He didn't cry :p But a fellow mum told me her daughter cried, awww!

With his brothers


With AhMa and YeePo (and Yang)


There was then a concert with four segments - in the sky, under the sea, in the forest and in the garden. A mix of acting and dancing. 

We stayed back a little to take some photos before leaving. Yang also took a photo with his teacher and three friends whose younger sibling is in Yu's class.

Ended the celebration with Macs!


The theme for the concert was "The places we will go". Can't go to see where Yu will go :) Congrats on your graduation, my baby! More to come but no stress, ok.. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment