Monday 31 October 2022

The month of exams

It was a very busy month, with Children's Day, Yu's birthday, rehearsals for kindy graduation concert, two trips to the polyclinic, revision and exams!

Started the month with volcano ramen. New experience for the kids. Noodles are usually very acceptable to them. Strangely, only Kai liked the karaage chicken... But Yang and Yu had hardboiled eggs. They all liked the hour glass too much *.*

Kai eating his chicken while his brothers looked at the steam


Kai having another piece of chicken just before we tucked into the ramen haha!


Lovely Children's Day setup outside the door


Happy Children's Day with their fave breakfast!


The kids came home with so much goodies from their teachers! Little toys and mini snacks. They finished the snacks very quickly. They also stopped playing with those toys very quickly *.*

Kai and Yang had extra treats - games while I had foot massage after their haircut :p


We had another pasar malam downstairs! Third since COVID restrictions were eased. And the fried chicken went from $5 to $5.50 to $6. I didn't buy it this time. But I bought lekor and tako balls, which Yu likes! He's always asking me to buy this and that on the way home from school...

First try of tako balls


He's very happy that he's tall enough to do this *.*


But he still hangs on to Papa like a baby!


Every October, primary school kids get four consecutive days of rest in the third week due to PSLE marking. As I wanted to focus on Kai's revision, I had to give Yang something to do. So we returned our library books earlier this time to get new books for those days! But these kids were so excited that they finished reading them very quickly!

Yu started right after showering


Same with Yang - he found a series he likes


Kai decided to read too but chose his own comics


And so it was that he did eight papers in four days! Which meant I marked and went through eight papers in four days too. Teachers get to teach English or Chinese or Maths or Science. I get to teach ALL FOUR. What do I say... 

He did another set after this, each on the day before the exam. I don't know if it was luck or the earlier practice, he did better in all except Maths. Actually, he knows his maths but he was very careless! Anyway, hope the last set boosted his confidence.

While Kai was very cooperative in doing his revision, Yang was also cooperative - he did his own things, be it reading or watching TV. No complaints from him. I wonder how it would be like a year from now, with Yu in the picture...!

Yang cut the grass off the grass head thingy that Yu got from his teacher or friend


To reward Kai and Yang (and Yu for going to school while his brothers were home!), we had prata on the following Monday which was Deepavali! It was supposed to be brunch since I always had to nag at them to have breakfast. Then I can save energy for two meals :p But they got hungry so we went down at 9.30 am or so, and waited a long time for food even though the eatery wasn't full. 

Even Papa came back from his jog already!


Supplemented with chicken balls later when Papa went to get lunch for himself. Must always give these boys some protein coz I hope they would grow some meat haha!

We continued watching the escape room Chinese game show that we started on Friday. It was very fun to watch! But my not-so-hidden agenda is to expose them to more Chinese...

Yu was scared and just put his face on me the whole time - excuse for hugs? :p


This boy is still small enough to sit on me and look up at me. So dear coz this stage will be over for us very soon, sobs!

On Sunday morning, he sat on my lap facing me and mumbled his usual rubbish words with a cute face. I told him to do the same to Papa - cutify him! But Papa was lying down so:

Awww!


XBB0 and XBB3. Not the COVID variant but Xiao Bao Bei 小宝贝 haha! I named the kids XBB1, XBB2 and XBB3. Then I asked them who XBB0 was - so easy right? :p

Last weekend, they drew with Arts for Kids Hub


Then Yu discovered a series of Pokemon - he drew a lot!


All three can now climb from one end to the other without touching the ground!


We prefer the playground across the road with slides and merry-go-round compared to the one in our estate which is only a climbing structure. And when we go there, we often eat at the coffeeshop. This time, the kids didn't complain about going there - coz they now know they can get a drink!

Kai bought a coke on his own. Yang chose his usual berry juice which tastes like Ribena which he doesn't like *.* Yu chose chrysanthemum but it was Polka and not Yeo's which he prefers, But he was very funny:

"I get brain freeze!"


So glad I captured this moment!!! He says the funniest things and more.

This morning, I met LN at Yakun and brought him along. While I was queueing up, the two of them chatted. He told LN about his graduation concert and our upcoming cruise and Legoland trip, including the age groups for kids' clubs on the cruise, how Yang would move to a different age group from him next year (!), and how he's not a baby anymore and could take more rides at Legoland!  LN and I were impressed, haha!

Yang was very funny last night. He saw the TV advert on a cruise and asked excitedly if that was OUR cruise. Yes! I love his enthusiasm! On the other hand, Kai said it was boring... Goodness, have we got a teenager on our hands already??

Anyway, it's Kai's last paper today - Chinese. I try not to ask about his exams. Instead, I let him volunteer info. So today, he said it was tough. Ah well, we still went to celebrate the end of exams with a BBQ and hotpot dinner!

These two had a lot of sliced beef and rice


Kai would have instant noodles even in the kimchi soup but he found it troublesome to cook; rather cook beef and put on rice!

Yu watching Papa cut egg tofu but he doesn't eat it *.*


Yu preferred the bulgogi. He MUST poop before the end of dinner so I brought him home first. He really had a lot of poop haha! 

And that was the month of exams! Kai said he would start getting his papers back tomorrow. I shall wait for him to tell me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment