Monday 31 October 2022

Lord of the (two) rings

Back in 2009, it was just the two of us when we went to Chinatown to shop for our wedding rings. Fast forward to 2022, we brought three kids along to shop for wedding rings :)

Keeping them occupied with games among the shiny


When Sito was leaving for KL on Monday, 10 Oct, he couldn't find his ring next to his wallet. While he was away, I searched the whole living room as I dusted everything. Nothing. If it had dropped onto the floor, it might have been eaten up by our robot vacuum mop. He came back the previous Thursday and that Friday when I was cleaning out the robot vacuum-mop, I happened to NOT check the content of the dust box that time :(

So that Saturday, we went to get a replacement. But they no longer carry that design. So we got new rings. Who knows, maybe his ring would show up one day?

While waiting for the staff to check on availability of Sito's size, we wondered if we should then buy from another place. We went back to Poh Heng coz we wanted to find a replacement at first. I also wondered if we could find a pair from Mum's store but Sito said he lost it so he should get it. In any case, we spent some time choosing the rings which were simple and nice so we went through with the purchase.

They informed us that the engraving was done by the following Friday. As Yu had a playdate on Saturday, we went on Sunday, leaving the kids with their grands. We didn't put on our new rings immediately. We wanted to find an auspicious day to have a little ceremony, and maybe have the kids be our ringbearers :)

Then, on Wednesday, 26 Oct, after sending Kai and Yang to the bus stop, I found his ring! I was collecting laundry and turning out his berms when something dropped with a clink. I saw a small thing spinning in the dark morning and immediately knew what it was. 

So.... The ring was with us the day we collected the new rings *.*

Sito doesn't remember when or why he took out his ring and kept it in his pocket *.* I was surprised it survived two washes in the machine. I even ironed it before! But I always sweep the pockets to the sides when I iron pants so I would never have found out...

So now, we have two pairs of wedding rings! And my lord of two rings didn't dare to remove it when he wore it to KL that Wednesday until he got back on Thursday night :p

Oh btw, I'm reading LOTR now - volume three already!

As for me, somehow, I started wearing my ring 24/7 after we got the new rings. Maybe I felt that I did not wear it much in the past few years with WFH and wanted to wear it more before switching to the new ones. I took it off briefly after I found Sito's ring but I decided I want to wear it 24/7. I'm now used to it and won't scratch pots and stuff with it anymore.

We're still planning to switch over but no rush now since he has a ring to wear now. Let me go show the kids our wedding photos first to psych them into becoming our ringbearers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment