Wednesday 5 October 2022

Kiddy discussion over a picture

Yu came home with a folder on Monday. The next day, I sorted out his work and found this gem:


Why Kai and not Yang? I left it on the table to ask Yu. But before that, Yang discovered it when he came home and asked the same question! 

When Yu came home, we asked him, and the following conversation ensued:

Yang: Why is it Gege and not me?
Yu: Oh, because this picture is very ugly. Gege is more ugly!
Kai: *laughs*
Mama: But Yu, you look like Gege!
Yu: No, only when I was small. Now I don't look like Gege.
Yang: I think it looks like me - only I have the spiky hair...
Yu: No, it's Gege..

Should I be worried that Yu thinks his eldest brother is ugly?!!

Yang is watching me type this and he said, "Yes!" 😂 "Coz Gege is not ugly - to you."

I just asked Kai what he felt about Yu thinking he's ugly. He laughed and said coz he has a lot of moles, ugly. I assured him he is not ugly! But he is still asking for his moles to be removed, sighs. Sito and I have discussed - let them be. Hopefully, he can, like me, learn to accept his skin one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment