Thursday 21 December 2023

Excursion across the Causeway

We had a little excursion across the Causeway last Wednesday, 13 Dec, our second trip via public transport.

A little digression...

The original plan was to go on Tuesday. But I tested positive for COVID on Sunday - I started having a sore throat on the previous Wednesday, 6 Dec, but was ok by end of Thursday. But I started coughing weirdly on Thursday night and felt awful on Friday - I get colds all the time but not coughs. Tested on Friday morning but negative. The cough worsened on Sunday and I tested positive with a faint line. 

I didn't quarantine myself from the boys coz I had been with them all this while. Might as well let us all get it. But strangely, no one caught it. When I tested on Monday afternoon, I was negative! To be safe, we waited one more day in case anyone came down with it but nope. Everyone was fine. 

So off we went on Wednesday!

Waited about an hour to be front of the queue for bus 950 at Woodlands


It was a much faster journey from Bukit Panjang. So we decided to take another bus from elsewhere next time...

Immigration was fast enough but we still got into JB later than expected. Lucky we didn't plan to watch a movie this time.

Lunch was at Sushi House - we had wanted to eat there last time but the staff were "on a rest". We ate so much! The kids liked it there. Yu even gave a ranking of all the curry rice he had before; mine was in the rank but not at the top haha!

Yang: Papa, why do you have lines on the forehead but not Mama?


Awww, poor Papa! We had a good laugh though :)

With Snow King of Mixue before going for the ice cream


We also bought a mango bubble tea which was very yummy! Along the way, we got some underwear for Kai (big bum!), butter cookies, piahs and even snacks from a supermarket. The main activity in the afternoon was of course massage.

Unfortunately, my masseur was not good at all. I don't know if she chatted on the phone or with colleagues but she had no technique and her pressure was not uniform throughout. My feet didn't have the massaged feel after the session, and my back was hurting the next day. So sad... Lucky Sito had a better experience.

Candy in a dispenser for Yu; Yang had the same one too


We thought we couldn't have dinner but the kids wanted to eat so we stopped by KFC before going home. Kind of sad we didn't go for roast!

But glad we left at that time coz we saw many people going into JB and they would likely leave after dinner. Early dinner has its advantage...

No comments:

Post a Comment