Saturday 2 December 2023

Kids, daaash!

Kai and Yang went for the StanChart Kids Dash when they were 3yo. But I forgot to register for Yu when he turned 3yo - tickets were sold out by the time I remembered, oops... And that happened to be 2019, the last time the event was held and physically, no thanks to COVID.

So this year when the event was to be held properly once more, I made sure I registered in time, and this time for all three of them! And I kept their school shoes for this day - dumped all this morning!

On our way for an early dinner yesterday


Actually, I just wanted to show the back of their tee :p I was rather upset on Thursday when I collected the race packs, as the tees were all quite small. I followed the sizing at registration and measured their chest size. Don't remember there being age recommendations. Then when I saw the tees, Kai's was for 5-6yo!! 

I managed to exchange Yu's for a slightly bigger one. Kai and Yang just had to make do as there were no bigger sizes to change for. I guess better than nothing coz I remember last time, there was no exchange booth at all.

Canton Paradise!


Yu was so busy 埋头苦干开心吃-ing that he didn't pose for the shot! 

We had wanted to check out the new mall which opened yesterday but Yu had to poop for a long time right before leaving the house so we had to head for dinner first to avoid running on a full belly later. So we came back after dinner to check out the mall - not all shops were ready yet but it looks quite nice! Looking forward to full opening...

Standing in front of spanking new mall


All ready to dash!


We had bibs too


I even wore my old Ekiden tee from 2013 - 10 years ago! - and my running shoes. But nope, didn't intend to run and didn't run :p 

Sorry, Yu had to tiptoe coz I forgot the selfie stick!


There was a very nice carnival inside, with music, games and snacks. So we were quite occupied while waiting for our turn. Kai could go in with his brothers instead of waiting for his age group. 

But when we came out, we had to show the parent's bib corresponding to Kai - I didn't see this in the guidelines and FAQ at all. We flashed our family photo. There were kids in a pen waiting for their parents to pick them up with the parent's bib, macam animals in cage *.*

Peanut butter ice cream which mostly landed in Papa's belly, while queueing for popcorn


Anyway, we set off with the boys. In the past two times, only I went with the runner as it was - and still is - one accompanying parent per child but this time, we had more kids participating! Sito went ahead with them but as it was a U-turn, I turned early - went under a loop barrier to wait for them :p I totally missed Kai and spotted only Yang; Yu spotted me.

All done and got a medal each!


Macam playing pub game, with drink in hand!


Besides the medal, the kids were given snacks and drinks at the end of their run. The boys decided to play more games after their run. There were so many game booths!

Last ones to go for basketball as the booth was closing - do together!


They also got the very last cotton candy so must share


Bye! We had fun!


This is probably the last Kids Dash for us. Glad it was a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment