Sunday 3 December 2017

Run, Yang, run!

An email reminded me that it was time to sign Yang up for Kids Dash. So we did, thinking that we could bring Kai along and leave Yu in infant care. It was only some time after we signed up that I realised that the race was in the evening! So for the first time, I let someone else send Yu to bed for the night... This inconvenience aside, it was an enjoyable event for us!

So the kids went to school as usual yesterday, coming home for lunch and nap. We left after their afternoon tea, but not before a photo of our star of the day!

So cute! Next time show your lovely eyes ok?


This XS shirt seemed to fit him better. Kai's one was huge on him. And it's still a little loose for him.

Happy boys on the double decker bus on the way to Orchard


Orchard Road was so crowded! We sent the boys to the toilet at Taka and only Sito could take the boys coz the queue at the ladies' was loooong. There was a Christmas market outside Taka. The holding pen is in the middle of it. We were early so we walked around.

All of us in blue!


There must be balloons at such an event! But what's with the look baby?


Kai lost his balloon quite quickly. He didn't cry though. Sito bought some french fries so perhaps that distracted him a little?

Yang and I left for the holding pen when I saw people queuing up. I didn't see any sign indicating the entrance but it was probably at the opposite side of the stage so that was where we went. Had to wait a bit before we were let in. A grandpa and his helper tried to go in with the runners but were stopped - seriously?!

Posing against the stage backdrop


We had to wait again in the holding pen. After taking this photo, a parent came forward to the barricade  - we were very near the barricade - and started shouting that the third wave had moved on ahead of us, who were apparently the second wave. One of the queue guys said he would give feedback to management - I wanted to laugh at such a reply! Anyway, I didn't see anything but I must say the queue management was confusing, there being two streams of people.

While that parent roughed it out with the queue guys, Sito and Kai found us. I had called for Yang's bottle as he was thirsty. But Sito couldn't get through the crowd. So I told Yang we would have a nice cold drink at the end. He happily said yes but soon after, he wanted water *.* So lucky for us that Sito managed to get through somehow.

And Kai got through the bars of the barricade!!!


Yang tried the reverse and had to force his head out *.*


Finally, the queue guys opened the barricade to let us go. It was quite a walk to the starting line. Seemed unnecessarily long..

Yang didn't want a photo so I took one while he hydrated himself


Dancing while waiting!


We set off hand-in-hand when the horn sounded! Yang eventually let go of me to run a bit. I must say at some points, he rain quite fast! I was tired!! The setup was hard for Sito to follow and take videos like last time. So I took a short one of Yang running :)

Yang fell once but he was brave and just needed me to blow at his arms and legs a little. We held hands here and there :) Pretty soon, he finished his 600m! Yeah!

We grabbed two little apples as we left the track but missed the drink, oops! Sorry baby! Sito and Kai met us right outside the track and we stepped into Ion for a much deserved dinner.

Congrats on your first medal, my baby!


That's Sito in the background, carrying the diaper bag and Yang's balloon and the goodie bags that came with the balloons :p

Close-up of his big smile! :)


We made it to Imperial Treasures just in time - a queue formed behind us! The boys had wanted pizza but we found no sit-down pizza nearby.

Writing his name while waiting for food


Yang scribbled too!


After dinner, we went outside for the Christmas lights before we took a bus home. The boys went to bed late and stayed in, phew!

Almost Christmas!


Last week, Sito and I went out with two kids too, coz Kai was grounded. It was easier than usual too but with one difference - I had to answer Kai's incessant questions!! I didn't want to shut him up in case I discouraged him from speaking up so it was tough! Yang just talked loudly with way fewer questions. But like I missed Kai last week, I missed Yu yesterday...

Don't worry, Yu. We surely will sign you up when you're three! Though Kai might not fit into his Kids Dash tee anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment