Sunday 23 December 2018

Preparing for P1

We learnt about the date of Kai's P1 orientation near the time of registration - 2 Nov. That was one day before our scheduled Taiwan trip - super lucky!

But little did I know that P1 orientation was more for the parents than for the child!

We started the afternoon with lunch at Macs!


Papa fixing the toy for Kai 


I didn't expect it but Kai didn't want us to drop him off at the classroom. After a while, I learnt that he was afraid there would be work. We had to assure him that there was no work that day before he would stay in the classroom. Wonder how it would be like for first day of school...!

Sito and I then went to a hall for the briefing - it was mainly admin but at least the child emcees were cute. The outgoing principal spent some time talking about mother tongue, assuring parents that their kids didn't really suck that bad at Chinese, which was pretty hilarious :p

When we picked Kai up, he showed us a paper balloon happily, which was a relief. Then we went to settle the practical matters at the canteen - ordered uniforms, signed up for the school bus, bought a box of books, and went home.

He loves running down slopes!


Tired enough to nap on the cab home


The school bus personnel called me on 15 Nov - two days before we were scheduled to meet in school - to confirm details of his bus so there was no need for me to go yeah!

Got a letter from the school on 4 Dec informing us of Kai's class, house and form teachers. Strange that there will be two form teachers. Anyway, there was also a card from his form teachers to welcome Kai to the school and the class!

Next step - call the bus to inform them of Kai's class! Some days later, I got an SMS to log in details online. I supposed that was settled but realised that we don't know the bus number yet, hmmm...

It's also time for a haircut. Due to rain etc, since K Cuts is across the road, we only managed the haircut on 15 Dec.

With a new K Cuts opening downstairs, no need to wait in future! Unless it's more ex...?


I had a little panic attack when I pulled out his uniforms to be washed the week after I collected them. I couldn't find the corporate tee that was in the receipt! While waiting for the dentist, I called the shop and learnt that it would be given out in school later, phew!

Kai now has a little cabinet dedicated to school stuff. Don't think he's aware of its existence or purpose yet but I suppose I'll have to give him an induction soon! School starts in nine days!

No comments:

Post a Comment