Friday 30 April 2021

Milestone for Kai and Yang

Following the helper incident, I walked Kai and Yang to the bus stop this morning, and waited for them to board the bus before going home. First time going to school on their own! Big boys! :))))

We went through many what-if scenarios - what if there's a jam on the way (just stay on the bus), what is it starts to rain and the bus is super slow (just stay on the bus), what if you miss the bus stoo (walk back; Kai and I did this before). As I type, I realise I have a couple more - what if it is pouring when it's time to alight, what if the bus breaks down etc... Will talk to them more...

So anyway, I told helper last night that I would send the kids today. I didn't say to the bus stop. When I got back, the door was closed! By right, it should be open - we leave it open the whole day. I went in quietly and found that Yu just started on his breakfast - he woke late today, maybe coz he slept quite late last night. So I guess that usually she closed the door and left him alone when he woke early. Poor boy.

Yu and I played robots and tic-tac-toe etc for a while before I sent him to school. He's such a sweet boy :)

I was very busy with work. But back of my mind was - gosh, I hope they got to school alright! I suppose no news from teachers means good news? :p So it was with relief that I welcome them home! Still had helper fetch them coz they need to cross the road near their school... But of course, I had to hurry them to wash up and eat while I finished up work. I only finished when they were done with their afternoon snack :(

Yang had homework and then we started drawing! I happened to buy plain drawing paper of a good size - not too big or small - last week so Kai used that while Yang opened up his art class book.

Teacher is online!


Kai's Minecraft spider has little skulls on the face *.*


Yang's spider looks fierce!


Yang continued to draw another Minecraft thing while Kai made boomerangs


And now, they're playing Nintendo coz it's raining so no playground. I should go pick Yu early and have an early Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment