Saturday 1 May 2021

Another water issue!!!

Found this post in draft in early 2022... Decided to continue writing and date this in 2021:

Saturday, 2 Jan

After a whole day and night of light rain, I walked into the kids room in the morning to find the floor kind of damp. I thought it was moisturiser from my feet last night but nope - I found wet floor at the corner AGAIN!

Two years ago, the water went all the way to the matters just a metre from the wardrobe after heavy rains. This time, it was thankfully about a metre from the window. The issue was also at the corner, not along the longer length of the windows which was fixed only last year.

Water seeped up from under the parquet seams, hence the lines


I was so upset about it. I ended up googling the fengshui about this, haha! So turned out that while leaks are bad, water coming into the house is good... Some consolation!!!

Tuesday, 5 Jan

I was busy on the first day of school and forgot about it until the end of the day when I bumped into a neighbour who saw my post on Facebook about the issue. I realised I didn't get a reply on my email on the issue. He reminded me to go to the management office. So I went on Tuesday. Turned out that their email system was down!! Anyway, the manager wrote down my unit number on a board with many unit numbers *.*

Thankfully, it hasn't been raining much since Saturday!

Sunday, 10 Jan

So it rained the whole night. When I went into the room, I found more leaks and had to check every 10-30 min depending on how heavy the rain was. This time, the water came in from the window sill - four corners were affected.

A puddle!!!


The worst corner


Even the far corner - the curtain was damp at the bottom when I discovered it


The original corner - I killed many trees today


I stopped writing at this point in Jan 2021. Below are based on photo records.

Monday, 11 Jan

Contractors came to inspect the leak. Eventually they fixed things and even alerted to me that water had been leaking along the decal wall! Luckily it went away after they fixed the leak.

Apr 2021

Fast forward a few months. I discovered water spluttering into the same room - this time from both windows! Somehow, the seal was not tight. We opened and closed the windows a couple of times until water stopped coming in but the whole place was already very wet. It was a nightmare!

The contractors came to fix it but accidentally broke a window pane *.* But they managed to fix it in the end. 

A canvas over the hole


I am still paranoid about leaks. Must check whenever it rains :(

No comments:

Post a Comment