Monday 31 May 2021

May days!

Why is 1 May called May Day? There are 31 days in May, no? :p

But naming this post May Days seems to have been a jinx coz this 五月还真是要命啊!

May Day hero - he saw photos of his brothers wearing it so he wanted it too


That was the first weekend after Sito left for KL. I didn't need to think about what to do coz lunch was out with the grands and they chose dinner - guess what? :p

Poor boy wanted to get out of his car seat - NOOOO!


They devoured this very quickly - proteins settled!


Running happily outside Capitol after lunch


There's a B6 in that building!


Came home to video call Papa :)


Macs (yes, our dinner :p) gave each of them an activity card - Kai was the first to present me with a bouquet for Mothers' Day :)


Second to done coz I helped :p


And my third bouquet :)


Gave them coins for kiddy rides too


All interested in Kai's online learning!


It was a short first week of May for me. Monday was school holiday, thanks to May Day falling on a Saturday. We went to Bouncy Paradise again and ate at Tenderbest next door again. This time, no one had to go toilet halfway, phew! And we stayed all the way until they told us to leave. I also bought onion rings coz the boys didn't have much breakfast. Only Kai and Yu ate though.

While waiting for the starting time - surprised they didn't ask for ice cream!


Yu wanted me to play the slides with him. I tried that last time and it was pretty fast for my weight! I told him I'd wait at the bottom. But he said he was brave, so I must be brave like him! Ok.... He went down first but I couldn't! So he came back to coax me down...

Yu waiting for me :)


I took leave on Wednesday for TCM in the morning and lunch with (ex-) colleagues. Wanted to buy some fruits and PJs from TPY central but forgot after getting some bakery stuff :p

Friday was half day for Yu. I don't know what came over me but I decided to fetch him AND his brothers! Very cute, very sweet but also very messy! 

A picture in front of his future school


The brothers crowded around him when they saw us. Think it was just novelty...

They held hands! They haven't done so for ages!


Kai must show Yu his paper weapons on the train


Tea time was prata!


Can't remember who needed to poop but I let Kai and Yu into the building first as Yang was still eating. I called home to alert A but no one picked up. As I walked back to Yang, I saw A ambling up the path and looking surprised at Yang sitting alone at the prata place. I quickly waved her to go up after the other two. Really cannot understand why she chose the time we were expected home to go NTUC.....

Yu came home with a Mothers' Day card for me :)


Now Yu can climb!


Last Saturday, I brought them to Ichiban on my own. They decided to draw when they hadn't done so for a while coz Papa entertained them with games on his phone.... This time, their sushi came quite late so they had it after their udon - no complaints about not being able to finish udon, yeah! 

Drawing while waiting for food


Mothers' Day cake! But that was Sito's SHN food, haha!


On Saturday night, I told the boys that the next day would be special. Before I could continue, one of them said, "I know! It's Mothers' Day!" Actually, I was going to say that AhMa was coming to fetch us to her place...  When the next day came about, no one remembered what day it was, hoho! 

Kai and Yang examining a new LEGO guitar and the accompanying app


After playing Monopoly on Hari Raya Puasa, they didn't have enough of it. We opened up the game twice on Saturday. They even skipped their usual morning TV!

Why can't they sit still?!


It was the last day of dining out. Somehow, Yu thought of xiao long bao - the little dragon... What's bao?? :p But there is no xlb nearby - I checked CCK and Woodlands too, sighs. Better limit exposure. So we decided to stay in BP.

I was concerned about people rushing to dine out for the last time and I was right. We left the playground in time to reach Ichiban at 515 pm but there were no seats for 30-45 min! Sighs... So we settled for our second fave - 18 Chefs. Kai had steak - his fave now! Yang and Yu shared a bolognese as usual while I had fish and chips and was reminded that their fish was quite tasteless... 

I didn't realise how bright they looked until we were at the playground :p


Yang just done catching his breath while playing catching with his brothers and three other boys


Went back to the playground on Sunday. Noticed that the coffeeshop tables and chairs were all stacked up. No more dining in!!! :( I left a pot of pasta to cook itself in the sauce in the covered Le Creuset, fire off, so we went back for dinner. While they showered, I piled the pasta with cheese and gave it a quick grill to melt and brown it. 

Less bright on Sunday and no catching


Kept Yu home on Monday and Tuesday for a cough. I managed to find xlb in NTUC, thanks to HL's recommendation! So we had that for lunch on Tuesday. 

Must suck out the soup first :p


And then, HBL hit. I was lucky to be on leave for Yu's scheduled child care centre closure. I didn't manage to bake muffins in the first morning as planned coz was busy with HBL. But managed to do so in the afternoon so that settled our breakfast and tea break for two to three days!

Gave him HBL too on Thursday


Plenty of patterns


I'm so tired....


In the end, he chose to just watch TV *.* I let him do so in my room to avoid distracting Yang who was doing his HBL at my desk.

They spent considerable time reading Dog Man on Thursday, narrated (somewhat) by Kai


I made a chocolate fudge cake on Friday for tea!


Yu decided to make cards for the family on Friday


Left to right: Mama, Kai, Papa - I coloured the hearts and background


Left to right: Mama, Yang, Papa - I coloured the background


Left to right: Mama, Yu, Papa - Yu drew the hearts


Left to right: Mama and Papa - I chose green for my clothes and coloured the background; Yang coloured my clothes


Yu tried to present his card to his brothers but was sadly rejected! :( Kai didn't like all the purple - so girly! Yang didn't like his picture - is a baby! Yu was very sad and almost crying :( I told him I love the cards and would keep them forever! We also sent them to Papa. Yu asked in a voice message whether he liked his drawing. Papa said yes :)

That's Papa and Mama on our kimchi ramen date night :)


And Yu learnt to write his Chinese name by tracing but he refused to write without tracing


Playing kuti kuti early in the morning


After wholesome wanton noodles for dinner on Saturday, we switched to Macs on Sunday. These kids finished Macs in 15 min flat, vs. 1-2 hours for regular rice dishes on weekdays!

So Kai and Yang had time to play Monopoly while Yu played aeroplane chess on his own next to them


The second week of HBL seemed to zoom by. Then Sito was home!! I was sorting out the kitchen cabinets while the kids were playing Nintendo when I heard a crisp "hey boys!" :)

Yang wanted a wefie while resting on me after hurting two toes on the door when playing hide-and-seek


The boys were happy to have Papa in the pool with them :)


And to watch him play games!


Got them to sit down for Pictionary - they were telling Yu the word to draw while I - the team mate - stayed away


Papa took a break from work on Sunday afternoon to partner Yu


Yu guessed it correctly - ghost!


Yu is really good at guessing. He got my bear even before I finished with an outline of a bear head. Sito can draw better and Yu guessed his baby and candle (after saying wax for a long time!) too.

Steamboat to end May!


Oh oops, one more day to go. 

I remember I stopped sending the three of them to child care on Saturdays before Kai went to primary school, coz I thought Yang and Yu would not go when Kai left child care. I did not foresee the even greater difficulty of getting Yu to school when both his brothers got to primary school!

So Yu went to school today, very reluctantly. After two weeks at home, and seeing his brothers staying home, he kept saying he didn't want to go to school, he wanted to stay at home. And he dragged his feet to brush teeth, change clothes and wear shoes. I fear this is an everyday battle... But I'm going to make sure I win it every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment