Saturday 1 May 2021

Best of April :p

Started this post at the beginning of April but there's no specific theme to it. So maybe I'll do monthly posts of our dailies.

April started with Easter weekend. But less known is 清明节 which also fell on that weekend this year. Due to COVID-19, there was no extended family gathering again :(

Yu had a nice celebration in school


This is becoming a thing - going to Yakun and playing games, in PJs no less!


That morning, I came back to fix our new drying rack. Kai and Yang helped a bit by fetching rods and holding them in place while I hammered them in with my hand. I felt some pain in my hand after a while - think I burst a vein in my right thumb and bruised the base of same thumb *.*

Sito came out of the shower just as I was preparing to fix the wheels so one on each wheel!


We've been using it so much that I now find it surprising that we got it only in April! Also goes to show how much I personally use it, even though I have a helper....

New game of sticks - love it when they play nicely together


Check out their cuteness and matching shirts!


The baby also wanted to climb everywhere now


I wrote him a note to congratulate him for not coming to my bed at night three nights in a row!


But he came in every night after that *.* Usually, he slept through on Friday nights - maybe coz it's the first night with his brothers after the last weekend? Awww... 

Kai stopped coming in at 3yo; Yang maybe 4yo. But this baby does not need to give way to a younger sibling so he's still coming in some nights... Sometimes, I woke in the middle of the night to find him nestled close to me and my arm wrapped around him. How, I don't know! :p

Yang got 5/5 for his second spelling test!


His first test got me worried. He got 1/5 during practices and he could spell a word correctly and then wrongly the next time. By the morning of the actual test, he finally passed: 3/5 while on the bus! I was pleasantly surprised to hear that he got 4/5 in the end. 

Of course, Kai was very yaya papaya about it coz he got full marks almost every time the past two years :p

The second time, I was busy with Kai so got Sito to teach Yang instead as we were on leave to settle remortgage that day. And Yang learnt quickly! Sighs, I'm not a good teacher :(

Anyway, I was worried coz when he reads, he tends to just read some words wrongly, e.g. the/a and in/on. I wondered if he was dyslexic. But then again, he did pretty well for his Chinese spelling which has both Chinese characters and hanyu pinyin. His hanyu pinyin didn't start out too well but now I think he's getting the hang of it. And if he can do hanyu pinyin, surely he can do spelling?!

Ah well, maybe he's too relaxed. He told me he 被罚站 in Chinese class coz he was sloughed over his desk *.* And he tends to do that at home too, when reading or even writing! Have to nag at him to sit up straight...

Anyway, one month on, I think he's getting better, can learn the words more quickly now. I even did a whole round of phonics with him this week. Hope it can help...

Yang writes me love letters, many many love letters, sometimes with envelopes :)


Poor Sito had to sleep on my legs coz no space on the sofa at Mum's place, hoho!


Came out of the bathroom to find this sweet scene!!! :)))


Don't know what they were looking at :p


I thought this is cute!


Was leave 22 Apr, came home at 7.30 am after sending Kai and Yang to find Yu still sleeping and in my bed!


Sito forgot to set his alarm that morning so he was sleeping too :p I happily took photos before waking them up. Was nice to spend some time having breakfast with Yu. Also showed him pictures of his ultrasounds and videos of Yang and him moving in my belly!

Enjoying a meatloaf muffin


I'm very frustrated at dinner time coz Yang eats very slowly! I get him and Kai to start at 5.30 pm while I'm fetching Yu. But he would still be eating after Yu has pooped and showered and finished his food! So I now send him to eat on his own in the kitchen. He can join us at the dining table for fruits when he's done with dinner. If he wants to eat slowly, I'll clear when it's bedtime. So far, he has been able to finish by 6.45 pm-ish - faster than before!

"Handsome booooy!"


Only short of Kai - don't know where he was while these two were playing with my phone...


All of them wanted Papa to carry them!!!


The younger ones first - both look so big already!


Gosh, this one is even bigger!


Do re mi watching people play Pokemon - so interesting meh?


儿子的背影 :)


So after the helper incident on Wednesday, I had A send Kai and Yang while I sent Yu on Thursday. Yang wasn't too happy coz he wanted me to be with him :( Since I was on leave (emptied out a whole cabinet to put school supplies!), I went to fetch them :)

And since I fetched them, we ate outside :p


That day, I also dug out a Superman cape. I thought Sito bought this while Kai was young but the tag said Six Flags - gosh, that would have been Evanston?!

Yang was halfway through wearing clothes and decided to be a Superboy


Kai is also a Superboy!


Yu hasn't discovered the cape yet else he's also a Superboy! Ok he just came to me and I sent him to find the cape :p

No comments:

Post a Comment