Thursday 13 May 2021

Mama vs. three kids

It's a public holiday today! I had wanted to bring them out but 1) nose, 2) hot, and 3) COVID-19. But Sito is serving stay-home notice and helper had a day off for Hari Raya Puasa. So what did we do?

First of all, they woke me at 7 am *.*

Breakfast was pretty fast coz I got hotdog buns yesterday. Yang also downed an egg mayo sandwich, yum yum! But he took a very long time brushing his teeth coz they were so yellow!

Yu wanted to play chess so we did. He learnt from AhYe how to place the pieces and could remember most of them. But of course he doesn't know how to move them correctly. Somehow, four of us played a few rounds - no idea who was playing who haha!

I wanted to take a photo of him placing the pieces and he decided to pose for me :)


Then it was time for 奥特曼崛起!Yu was scrolling through the list on my phone and picked the movies for today. Interestingly, his brothers didn't object much. So I managed to cook lunch and prepare ingredients for dinner and after-school snacks.

It was a super hot day. I let them go on to Shaun the Sheep while I took a break while waiting for the rice to cook.

Claypot chicken rice for lunch!


This time, I cut the chicken into smaller pieces and added cornstarch to the marinade. Less dry than before but I didn't realise we ran out of oyster sauce at home so the taste wasn't as nice as before. The kids didn't love it but they finished it anyway. I also dangled panda biscuits as dessert :p

We went according to weekend schedule, i.e. Nintendo after lunch, during which I drafted Sito's appeal for early vaccination. When they were done, they played toys etc. Yu took Sito on a trip across the house via WhatsApp video :p

Popcorn for tea!


I hope that was enough fibre... I forgot to get vegetables yesterday when I bought stuff for lunch :p Anyway, I thought I would give them fruits after dinner but I forgot too! :p

Sito took me to his balcony :)


They started another Shaun the Sheep while I got dinner going. It was only chicken wings but I had to bake after-school snacks as well.

Then I rolled out our brand new but old Monopoly set!


It was a very long game :p I was banker and guided them to play while listening out for the oven alarm... I took longer than expected but they weren't hungry from all the rice and popcorn earlier anyway.

Baked chicken midjoints with only garlic salt and baking powder - we finished 24!


That was one of two packs I bought yesterday after fetching the older two. Helper took wrong bus and called me at 1.34 pm when she found herself in Woodlands. Goodness... The kids are dismissed at 1.30 pm but luckily the general office staff helped find them. They ended up spending almost an hour waiting for me at the general office. It was late when we got back. I let them go up to shower first while I grabbed these and OCK snacks from BPP as we ran out of after-school snacks.

Anyway, they continued with a bit of Monopoly after dinner and shower while I washed up. That was the least manageable part of the day - my hands were full when Yu came complaining about Kai bullying him AND Yang finally pooped and needed help. I ended up splashing some soapy water on the floor. Oh well.

Took five buckets of water to flush away one week's worth of poop before showering Yu who had been half naked for a while. Finally, it was time for my shower while they settled down for some funny video. It was 7.45 pm when I sat down with them, phew!

I reflected on this day - is this a preview of helper-less days? Nope. I did not mop or wash toilet or do laundry today! :p In future, I wouldn't cook this much when they're home whole day. No choice today coz we ran out of after-school snacks and I don't fancy getting OCK again.

No comments:

Post a Comment