Tuesday 29 June 2021

Third round of HBL

First round last year, almost everything was on SLS. Kai didn't do some of work until I checked towards the end of the month *.* No time to check every day coz all three kids were home then.

Second round, they had assembly via Zoom and more Zoom lessons. I was on leave quite a bit and managed to check every day. By then, Kai was doing fine. Yang of course needed guidance.

This round, they followed their timetable so it's as if they're in school but Zoom all the way - which means they're mostly occupied 7.30 am to 1.30 pm, woohoo! But I still have to do IT:
  • Mama, there's music.... Yang turned on music even after I killed the app; he must be fiddling with my Mac during lessons!
  • Mama, I think I want the small one from yesterday... Yang's turn to get my big earphones on Tuesday but he decided against it after a few minutes
  • Mama, so boring, still in the waiting room... Kai's teacher had told him to do some SLS work on his own and he finished early
  • Mama, no battery - this deserves a para itself...
Kai's laptop cannot support Zoom so he had to use the iPad with laptop on standby for any SLS work. When it ran low on battery, I couldn't charge it coz he needed earphones so as not to disturb Yang and me - same hole *.* Lucky Sito's iPad was fully charged! For Yang, I had to string the charger from across the living room. I worry for their safety if they trip; I worry for my iPad if it gets pulled off the table!

HBL setup


Gave each of them a tray from the old Ikea toy shelf to place their materials for each day. Topped it with their timetable in a plastic sleeve, with Zoom details on the opposite side. So proud of myself haha!

The green box contained snacks for their recess and other small breaks - they have little bites in school but now they also had "eye" breaks. Or "i"? Makes sense either way!

After many weeks of waking up naturally (sun or Yu :p), I feel sad having to wake at 6.45 am now! We need that much time to get ready, especially Yang. End up, Yu also got up early. In fact, he was the first out of bed this morning - saw him peeing when I came out.

Next week will be 5.55 am! Sighs.... But better than HBL. Let school carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment