Sunday 20 June 2021

"Where is kakak?"

Yang and Yu asked this today when they were on the throne and I wasn't able to reach them immediately when they said they were done. 

But... Even when helper is here, she doesn't respond immediately too leh...

Demanding kids...

Anyway, today is helper's regular off day. She decided to stay home to work (with pay) the past couple of off days since there was no dining in. There's still no dining in today but she decided to go so I let her coz 勉强是没有幸福的 :p

The number of visitors is now five but Mum thought it better to keep the kids home so instead of us going over, she brought lunch to us. 

So today, it's as if we have no helper. Not the first time that we stayed home without helper but for the first time, I felt very accomplished, having scanned and dumped 50% of my old Montessori files during the kids' TV time and cooked dinner with minimal number of tools and zero spill. And even better, I have a very supportive hub today :) 

He did all these:
  1. Washed up after lunch while I cleaned up Kai's spilled pear juice
  2. Played with Yu while I was cajoling Yang to finish up his lunch
  3. Bought sausages to 加料 at dinner
  4. Coached Kai on his holiday homework while I cooked dinner
  5. Offered to wash up after dinner but I asked him to stay with the kids instead
Just nice it's Fathers' Day today. We generally don't celebrate such days. Only the preschool kids kid would bring something home.

A trophy from Yu!


小插曲:Yu showed me this when I fetched him on Thursday, holding both ears of the trophy. I offered to hold it for him on the way home but he wanted to hold it himself. But he kind of had a little trip as we stepped off the pavement and one ear broke. I took the trophy from him as we crossed the road, telling him that I would help fix it. He was rubbing his eyes as we crossed the road. When we got over, I saw that he was sobbing! Poor baby... But I taped it up and he happily gave it to Sito that evening :)

To my dear husband: Thank you for your support! Keep this up, and I'll give you a best hub trophy too, haha! :)

Happy Fathers' Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment