Sunday 27 June 2021

Yang turns seven!

Happy birthday to my little sheep!

I said a sleepy happy birthday to him when he came to find me early this morning to show me his Pink Panther who lost his tail *.* He got it on his birthday last year so it kind of lasted one year :p Anyway, I stitched the tail back.

Celebrations started yesterday.

Somehow, Yang decided that he would have mixed cakes for his birthday. He had been eyeing the bear bear mousse cake from Chateraise for a while so we went down yesterday morning to choose the rest. And since he was turning seven, I got seven items - one cake each for everyone except Kai who doesn't eat cake (!) and two jellies.

Look at Yang's cute expression!


Two making faces and one maintaining the same pose :p


Yang made his wish while taking this photo!


Friday night, I told him to make to make a wish before he blew out the candles. I forgot to tell him to do that after the song :p

Anyway, he gave the bunny to Yu, the melon to Papa and the panda to me. Helper got a non-cartoon chocolate cake. Kai of course had a grape jelly. In the end, both Yang and Yu didn't like their cakes *.* And Yang also didn't like the strawberry jelly, which Yu happily took.

Then Yang tore his "delivery" apart


We started thinking about his present over a month ago but couldn't decide on anything. We're pretty bad gifters oops... So our kids are quite poor thing? Hoho! Then I chanced upon an interesting toy shop and found fun toys on its online shop. So I went there after TCM on Wednesday, and got Kai and even Yu's presents as well!

As Yang likes to receive deliveries at the door, I thought it might be fun to make his present look like a delivery. I wrapped everything in brown paper and stuck a piece of paper with his name and our address on it :p

When they were playing Nintendo on Saturday, I brought it discreetly to the door, then turned around and went, "Yang, there's a delivery for you!" He was so pleased! :) Now Kai and Yu also want their own deliveries - ok, in the works already!

It was a maze puzzle - the sunglasses were to protect against the laser, eh....


Very focused on where to place the mirrors...


He said he didn't ask for this present but he liked it :) His brothers also like to play this game. They took it out of the box to play this morning, after lunch and before dinner. Success! 

A second celebration today with the grands!


That was the third time the candles were lit!


Thinking about his wish...


Done!


Again, he didn't eat much of his cake. Neither did Yu. Why?! The adults enjoyed it very much :p Is it the cake or is it the toys distracting them??

He got his wish - a moving excavator!


Ah Yee even got aquarium stones for him to dig but the excavator ran out of battery amazingly fast. Dad recharged it and the battery ran out again. Yu and I must have spent more than twice the play time picking up the stones! Sito said maybe it's like our drone - only 10 min of play time *.*

Yu went for manual excavator instead


Yang put on his armour again - my little warrior!


Warriors are violent!!


The grands also got him two sets of puzzles, all from his random requests, but he hasn't got down to them yet. After the grands left, Yu said he was hungry so Sito went to buy dinner and Yang decided to go along coz it's his birthday, heh!

Yang got to choose dinner this weekend. Five of us can't dine out, sadly, so we still have to pack. It was wantan noodles yesterday (duck noodles for Kai :p) and udon today. After dinner, I brought out the Pocky that Yang chose yesterday when we went to buy cakes. Sweet ending to the day for them :) But that's not all! After showering, they got to watch Shaun the Sheep until 7 pm when they got their phone. They're watching YouTube Kids as I type now....

Sometimes I wonder what it will be like if I say "yes" to them all the time and let them have all the things they want all the time... They seem so happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment