Thursday 10 February 2022

Fresh beginnings

I just realised it's 10 days into February and my January post is still a draft!

I always like the new year - restart from January, nice weather, new class, new books etc. Oh gosh, I love new textbooks haha!

With school starting on Wednesday, 5 Jan, we had time to go for a haircut only on Monday. Yu took a while to decide he would have a haircut too. With no helper, I decided I won't bother with shaving him else I would have to clear the whole house of stray hair! And I dumped the vacuum cleaner which was gross.

Chicken rice at Five Star + char siew, yummy and the first time I saw Yu using fork and spoon to eat rice!


My son packs for school in a different way from me...


Sito left for KL in the second week of January. The plan was to be back for LNY. Thankfully, VTL + no COVID allowed that. He's working in the room as I type away...

One week after haircut - really?!


Kai solved the 6x6x6 woohoo!


A game of Scrabble with Yu and me teaming up


Shared my steak with the boys so I had mostly carbs :p


Only noticed his shirt was partially tucked in on our way home...


Egg experiment - what happens after immersing an egg in vinegar for a few days?


I did this back in secondary school and was excited to share with the kids. They wanted to "open" the egg after a couple of days but I waited until there were no more bubbles. As expected, the membrane burst open with a sharp poke of a pair of scissors, to many surprised squeals from the kids! I didn't recall the egg looking partially cooked though! I invited them to touch before and after the membrane broke :p

Yang informed me that he had "funny eyes" after I took the photo, silly boy!


Don't know when it would be the last time that the kids wear PJs downstairs so must take photos! It was a lastminute decision to go to Yakun and we got the last table for four. I left them to watch TV while I went grocery shopping. Spent the whole morning and early afternoon preparing for reunion dinner #2 and lunch, and unpacking for Sito when he got back :)

His PCR came back in time for us to head out for dinner that Saturday. Must use up Ichiban vouchers by this month :p Somehow, Ichiban fills up pretty early these days - we arrived at 515 pm and had to wait. Sito brought Kai to Popular where they got two more Dogman books. After dinner, Kai went home with Sito while the two younger ones went to watch people play Pokemon, coz he wanted to read the books.

Lucky boys got some cards from two players!


Found this one sleeping late one morning :)


I love to take photos of my sleeping boys. This time, Yu was in his new blanket. He was asking for a big blanket like his brothers' for some time. I finally got him one and set it up this month. He was so pleased! I'm very happy now coz I can snuggle with him at bedtime without wearing my jacket :p

That is Yang in Papa's arms :)


I love to see Sito with the kids :) Recently, he introduced the kids to anime - demon slayer. Kai and Yang love it; maybe Yu couldn't read the subtitles? :p He is off to KL again after LNY and I refused to find the anime for the kids coz it must be a Papa thing :) Hope he will have more time to spend with the kids soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment