Saturday 6 March 2021

How the boys have grown!

Now that I'm functional, I need to talk about my babies :)

Playing games on Papa's phone in our fave restaurant


And then they continued to sit together while Sito and I sat together, woohoo!


Kai taught Yu how to write 道 and Yu followed


This Kai is quite yaya papaya - "he can't even spell [insert big word]". Yes, my big boy, you can spell that but your brothers are still young! He's really a big boy now. He seems to have put on quite a bit of meat lately. And he's almost at my shoulders, gosh...

What happens when you give a kid pocket money and he discovers the bookshop...


Yang said the blue one was from a friend. The following were also from his friends: a 5,000 rupiah note, a book and a tooth! And this week, he gave the second pen to a friend. I don't know what all this gifting is about...

In other news, Yang did his first poop in school on Tuesday - his previous poo was the previous Monday! I guess he couldn't hold it anymore and had to go. Great! But he still had poop when he came back. Hope his constipation gets well over time...

Found some old cards that I made for Kai but never got down to using


Yang finished arranging quickly, as expected


Yang is becoming quite the poser these days! Good to have someone pose for trigger-happy me :)

Oops for b and d - he also had to change out the m when he couldn't find w :)


Done too!


Poser - he wanted me to send photos of him cleaning up to his teachers!


元宵 was a Friday. We decided on steamboat for dinner on Saturday. And while Sito and I were happily cooking and eating, the boys watched a Chinese Ultraman movie.

Yang held his Ultraman toy while watching Ultraman 😂


Got Yu a new bag


I've had enough of his trolley bag bringing back germs from outside... Shall save that for holidays, when they happen... This Xiaomi bag is so nice that I bought two more for his brothers - they're great for half days!

I found a bag on the Decathlon website too. Thought I could get it at the Holland branch just in time for their half day the next day but couldn't find. In any case, I thought the Decathlon bag might be too big at 17L compared to this 10L. So I bought more Xiaomi bags online instead.

Sito and I found 天天酸奶 at HV MRT stations - pricey but quite yummy


Yu claimed to be hungry after having toast so he had a little snack - saving the crumbs!


Brought them out for breakfast this morning


Yang had one more toast square that he couldn't finish and gave it to Kai.

Kai: You don't want this anymore?
Yang: "Shakes head"
Kai: Oh, you still want it.
Yang: No....
Kai: But you shake your head. If you don't want it, you should nod.

I had to explain that Kai had asked a negative question which could be confusing for children. And immediately, Yu at my side said loudly, "Cannot confuse people!" And he gave a very 大人样!

I was so shocked. But I agreed with him, yes let's not confuse people. You see, my office just announced something on Friday. Throughout our engagements before that, people kept saying it would be confusing. The media was also seeking clarifications yesterday. So I was super amused by Yu's statement. So amused I had him do it again and I took a video to send to my bosses :p

Been working long hours the past two weeks. No enough time to guide Kai and Yang after school. This morning, Kai let me sight and sign his work which he brought back on Thursday.

And I spotted this gem:


Yes, I recently cleared the plant shelf of its dead plants! So funny that Kai had to point that out. And even funnier for the teacher to respond to his after-thought in a bracket! But very empathetic, I like.

Yu has been writing a lot of Chinese words lately - numbers and simple words like 大, 木 and even 只 which I taught him on my hand one night in bed. This morning, we completed 1-10 in Chinese, and went on to write his Chinese name.

He was so pleased :)


Then we took turns to play 大雄;妈妈 would go:“这是什么?!”


Please, don't be 大雄!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment