Saturday 6 March 2021

My nose!

I had multiple colds when it was super cold in January. I had wondered if it could be a reaction to a Hep A-B booster I had on 27 Jan. But I think it started some time mid January. Every day or two, I had to pop a yellow tablet. But in February, it started to feel more like allergy than a cold. I did not have time to see a doctor but I finally dragged myself to the clinic on Sunday, 21 Feb, after not functioning well for weeks.

The doctor thought it was an allergy too. But I asked for a swab test anyway. He also said it was unlikely that I developed a resistance to Flixonase. But I got a bottle of Avamys from him anyway.

I never want to take a swab test again!!!

Not really painful but gosh, I didn't know things could go into that part of the nose!

I stayed home the whole time until I got a negative on Tuesday evening. Took me another couple of days before I called Eu Yan Sang for a TCM appointment. As it turned out, the clinician didn't want to see nose issues due to the pandemic! Hello, I got a negative? Nope!

So I called up the TCM I saw in 2009 for the same problem. Got an appointment for.... April! Sighs...

I thought I was going to suffer more... But I remembered the new bottle of nasal spray! Two days in, my nose miraculously got better. Something must be wrong with my Flixonase! But I asked a pharmacy and they did not hear of any batch recall. Resistance then? Gosh... What if I develop resistance to all of them?!

I shall proceed for my appointment with TCM. Though I'm likely to suffer for a while more coz she would take me off the spray :(

So until April, let me enjoy this new functional me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment