Thursday 25 March 2021

It's the left foot now

I took leave on Wednesday. I meant to just nua the morning away and go fetch Yang, go for tea and return to fetch Kai from CCA. 

Well, I did all that but with a bandage on my left foot :(

Monday night, or Tuesday early morning about 3 am, I heard thunder and Yu came in - I don't know which came first :p After sending Yu back, I thought I should close the living room balcony door. I walked out but one sofa away from the door, I slipped on water and fell!

Landed on my left. Didn't feel like a hard fall though. I can't remember coz sleepy haha! Anyway, I went to close the door and went to clean up myself before going back to bed. But when I lay down, I felt a pain in my left foot. It didn't feel like a sprain - certainly not like my last sprain - but I couldn't turn it to the sides.

I thought of waking Sito up to help check my ankle and maybe get him to send the kids the next day. But I decided to try to sooth my foot first. Somehow, rubbing my calf helped and I was able to go back to sleep. Um, I sleep easily :p

I sent the kids to school on Tuesday. No pain in my foot. Still couldn't turn my foot though - that hurt. Later in the afternoon, it started feeling a bit numb. I also felt a little pain in the ribs on my left. I thought I would see a sinseh but gosh, don't know where! Got a contact from Joyce but he could make it only 11 am the next day. I decided to go to Ma Kuang at Teck Whye.

Managed to settle the kids somewhat before 7 pm, and left the house. Thankfully, it had finally stopped raining - less risk of me slipping again? :p Three bus stops later, I found the clinic. Luckily, there was only one guy ahead of me and he was just leaving.

So I pulled a tendon. The doctor rubbed it and put a plaster on for me. We couldn't find the pain in the ribs anymore.. Interestingly, she asked if I was going to claim insurance and when I said no, she said then she wouldn't give me too much treatment or medicine. Ok.. Eh, wait.. Huh??? Made me think of how my delivery fees went from $2k for Kai to $4k for Yang after I asked the doc to sign an insurance form...!

Anyway, she also gave me medicine for my weak pulse. Strengthen me up, she said. Ok. I'm always open to that!

The moment I realised that I would have to take off the bandage before I could remove my Uniqlo tights!


Yang called me when I was on the bus to ask me when I was coming back. I told him to go to bed first. He asked for a kiss over the phone, awww.... It would have been 8.10 pm when I got back, but that meant Kai and Yang would come out of their room! So I decided to have a drink downstairs and go up after they had slept!

When I went up, Kai and Yang had indeed gone to dreamland. When I was getting a plastic bag from the kitchen, A told me Yu watched TV in my room. Ok, I had given him permission to sleep in my bed, else he wouldn't easily go down alone in his bed, away from his brothers on a school night. But when I went to my room, I found the light on and a little boy fiddling with the stuff on the table! Got him to lie down while I showered. Water got into the plastic bag anyway, argh!

When I came out, I sat next to him with a hand on him until he dozed off. Sweet boy :)

Then I dried my hair and dug into an egg tart! There was an old-school bakery next to the clinic and I had only $8 on me! Could only get a peanut cake and two egg tarts. Luckily I had enough for a teh tarik later :p

Sito came home later and carried Yu back to his bed. But when I woke this morning, I found my door ajar. Then I saw the kid wedged in the space between Sito and me. Didn't know when he got there *.* I decided at the last minute to have A send Kai and Yang to school while I lay down more with Yu. But he woke before his brothers left and didn't sleep anymore :(

After breakfast, Yu spotted my medicine on the dining table. He recognised 司 from his name, and surprised me when he showed me 河马的马!Then he went to pull out an old book and pointed to the seahorses. Um, that's 海马 :)

Got him to pose for me :)


As I felt muscle ache on my back, I booked a massage at noon. The uncle was very powerful. I was very painful! Despite the immediate relief, I felt the muscle ache coming back shortly after. And the parts where the uncle pressed were also quite painful. But I like this kind of pain, haha!

Yang wanted a selfie at the window of TCC


And he posed when his mac and cheese arrived!


He even did some maths while waiting for his food - ya, I brought an assessment book along in case we had time :p He didn't like the chocolate milk shake after all so I poured my remaining coffee inside and had it - fat! 

It was raining when we reached Stevens Road so it was a pretty wet journey home after fetching Kai! In all, a happy day despite the unfortunate incident about my foot...

No comments:

Post a Comment