Monday 19 September 2022

Kai is so tall now

Not too long ago - maybe this year? - he was just at my shoulder height. But he is now past my shoulder by quite a bit. When did that happen??

And on Mid Autumn day, we were playing that silly thumb game we used to play under the desk during boring lessons (oops) when I discovered that his thumb nail is bigger than mine!!

I held his thumb to pose


His hand is still smaller than mine but I guess not for long...

Even though he is taller now, and even though he can be difficult and cynical even, there are many times when he shows that he's just a small boy. Like when he hugs me to say something (actually more like grabbing me at the waist to stop me from being busy), when he pouts to ask for things (❤️) , or when he wants me to be with him (sometimes) at bedtime.

I need to remind myself that he is still a small boy and not be too harsh on him...

No comments:

Post a Comment