Friday 30 September 2022

So hard to get HDB now

I'm feeling very nervous with the latest property cooling measure of a 15-month wait-out period for private property owners to buy unsubsidised flats.

It's not clear whether this applies to us as we have an OTP already. I also want to kick myself - and my agent - for not submitting the application right after exercising the OTP! Why?? My COVID? Seller's divorce final judgement?

Anyway, I just submitted my end of the application. Now wait.

I'm so nervous I'm feeling dizzy and pukish. Can only sit here and type - better to vomit words than actual vomit.

If kena rejected, we will appeal. We have some financial considerations. It's not like we're selling high so no issue if we buy high as well. It's also not about the cost of renting for 15 months. Yes, will be high coz rental market is crazy now and we need a big enough space in either of only two specific neighbourhoods to facilitate safe access to school. Cannot emphasise more on "safe" access.

The key thing is - will there be a suitable unit two years on?? I doubt so. There are only that many big flats in that area. And the price by then, cannot imagine.

I don't understand this policy. This is different from the 30 months for subsidies; this is outright saying no, cannot buy any HDB at all. Healthcare is means-tested but everyone can access leh!!

Wa really feel like puking...

No comments:

Post a Comment