Saturday 25 August 2018

20y reunion BBQ!

Na volunteered me to host our 20y reunion since I just moved. Due to pit unavailability, we managed to meet only on 14 July. I spent the weeknights before that slowly buying the necessary stuff after gym (gym! Details later..) and on Saturday morning, I baked muffins and marinated meat and fish like crazy. Suddenly remember that the last BBQ I organised didn't require any marinating - it was the McManus ID4 do; just beef patties and cheese, hoho!

First picture of 97S09 at home


Kai's birthday was just two days before. I had wanted to bring a magician to school. But the school couldn't accommodate the request. So I didn't order one, which was just as well coz the school cancelled celebrations due to HFMD! But I had already told Kai about a magician so I got one for the BBQ instead. It was perfect for entertaining the kids while the adults got the BBQ going! (And I didn't have to meet parents I don't know!)

Kai enjoying himself :)


Yup, we had a lot of kids among us! Most of them are preschool age. I think they were playing in small groups after that coz Kai couldn't remember some of them.

Papa stayed with the kids


YX got the food going!


We had a lot of food. Clan Sito is still trying to finish up the food today *.* Next time, I shall just cater food and not cook. Or do potluck.

Second picture after the kids were let loose


We also did a Whatsapp video call with S in HK. Felt like a reunion :) But we were missing the spouses and our "associates" JD&J! It was so hard to get all in the picture!

Yu got a big ice cream!


We all tried to feed the kids but they were mostly running around playing. I was surprised none of my boys asked for the pool, and no kid tried to make a jump, phew!

Sent Yu up to sleep early. Yang wanted to go up too so I said ok, he could have video, the magic word that made Kai go up too. When we packed up, I showed YX and SF around coz they were going to renovate their new place. Then we had to go so that Yu could sleep.

Some of us sat around for a while more to chit chat. We haven't done that for so long! :) Hope the next time we meet wouldn't be too far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment