Sunday 2 September 2018

First letter to Kai

I wrote my first letter to Kai yesterday.

The original intent was to encourage him to write back to me. But the more I thought about it, the more I felt like it was purely a note to connect with him. I decided I would write the boys little notes here and there.

The first note was actually the day after the Flyer trip - 23 August. I had to go to office real early but they chose that day of all days to sleep in! So I wrote a note to them and left. I didn't take a picture of the note in my hurry and couldn't find it after I got home.

Yesterday, my letter was addressed to only Kai. My handwriting has deteriorated over the years but I took pains to write properly for him else he might find it difficult to read. Or he might chide me for my handwriting, as he did before!

I left the envelop leaning on his fire station. He found it after his shower coz he went over to his cabinet to grab his underwear. He came over to me wearing only his underwear, asking me what that was. I told him it was a letter to him and we could read it after he got dressed. We eventually finished reading the letter only in the evening. He read it out loud with some help from me.

I was pleasantly surprised when he told me, even before he read the letter, that it was precious to him and he would keep it - awww! My baby is such a sweet boy... But kids are all manipulative - at night, he told me he would not keep the letter unless I left Yang to go to him NOW!

Just now, I told him that I would write him a mix of letters and notes in future coz I don't have a lot of envelops :p He told me to make envelops myself!

Big boy being quiet and nice while waiting for dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment