Saturday 1 September 2018

Yu's first excursion

Yu's excursion was postponed until 30 August due to HFMD. Sito was supposed to go with him but he had reservist on 30 August so I went instead.

He had a fever at night and in the morning. I gave him some paracetamol and he got better. But he was still lethargic. I thought we would skip the excursion but he wanted to go to school. So we went.

I sent them all to school and went off for breakfast before going back to catch the bus with Yu. When I got back, I found other PG kids with their parents in their classroom and Yu sitting quite still on his own at a dining table, with his half-eaten food in front - so poor thing! :(

When I got near, Kai and Yang saw me first. Then Yu turned, saw me and broke into a smile! We were given some bread for the excursion - four buns were too much for both of us! - and he carried them for the longest time.

His expression most of the time


Still looking forlorn on the bus


And at the waiting area at Qian Hu, still carrying the buns


Yes, the excursion was to a fish farm! We started with a tour of the farm, which he wasn't interested in at all but he knew that he should follow the uncle :p Then we sat down for a snack.

Finally a smile!


He waited a long time for his turn at the kiddy ride


So happy! But poor boy is looking tired :(


And finally, it was time to fish! There were a few ponds or one big one separated by bridges. We tried fishing in the pond but it was so hard - the fish ran away real quick! So we moved to the box :p And Yu caught some fish all on his own!

"Scoop!"


We poured out all the fish we caught but he continued to go around scooping water. It was quite hot at some spots. Mama melted!

Dozed off on the bus back but woke on arrival coz it was such a short journey


The eyes shutting, very cute


Poor boy didn't nap much in school. Just before I left for a meeting, the school called to tell me he was having a fever. So I got N to bring him home. And as I was on my way home, Sito said Yu hit 39.2 degrees! Thank goodness he was home! So he gave him some medicine. My poor boy...

And there is this unfortunate correlation between Sito's reservist and kiddy fever while I wan't home. Yang had febrile fits when Sito went for reservist in January and June 2016. Now Yu had fever! Thank goodness no fits!

Oh, we were given a box and some fish to bring home. Gosh, I didn't expect that! So I had to go buy some fish feed. Also asked YQ if he wanted the fish. When I eventually took some good photos of the fish, he said these were guppies and he didn't want them!! Snob.

Nine fish in all, and a decorative dog for company


The nine fish became 16 or 17 the next morning - a fish or two gave birth! But of course all the babies were dead *.* I had to change the water and throw out the dead babies. This morning, there was a dead fish, which became three by lunch time. Super scary and sad to throw these dead ones away. I'll never bring fish home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment