Sunday 18 November 2018

Graduation ceremony and concert

Can't believe it but Kai has graduated from kindergarten!

The school held its first graduation and concert on Friday, 16 November. Only kids from N1 onwards performed so we left Yu in school - we decided that we should be fair to Kai and focus on his graduation rather than have to chase around a tot who could not sit still for 10 minutes.

Took the bus early in the morning as they had to get to the church before 8 am


Yang wanted a "neighbour" to sit with him, not me... Hmmm...


I was ushering the boys along after checking in at the church, when suddenly I realised I was ushering Yang and a random boy! Kai had walked ahead of me! Blur me.

Did some work at home until 9.15 am before making the way down to the church again, this time with Sito and Mum. We had allocated seats coz we have a graduand :)

Congrats to Kai! :))))


The class had two valedictorians - goodness, don't they start young? The boy spoke in English and the girl in Mandarin. And then everyone had a turn at the mike, saying a word that started with a letter related to the school - not sure coz I wasn't listening clearly when my eyes and mind were set on my baby!

When it was Kai's turn, the first thing I noticed was that he had to stoop a little to speak. The second thing was that he said a word that was said earlier. And true enough, he caught himself, said another word and another phrase that we couldn't catch, and ran off giggling! He was so cute! Everyone clapped for him!

A while later, he came back with another word, and everyone clapped again. The other kids, including the valedictorian speeches, didn't get as much applause. Think everyone appreciated a little cute mistake and everyone was very encouraging :)

I loved watching his video but the first time I showed it to Kai, he covered his ears and said embarrassingly, albeit with a smile, that he didn't want to hear himself!


The speeches continued into a Chinese song about graduating from kindergarten. It was such a nice song I was going to cry! Then I think they showed pictures of each graduating kid, and the kids all came from behind to present flowers to their parents. The dam broke - my baby is leaving kindy!

Yellow for Sito; pink for me - selected by chance - with a card on each stalk


And then the concert starts. The enrichment classes went first before the class dances. So Kai and Yang had two dances each due to Chinese speech and drama. But they only got their class dance costumes home; I suppose the enrichment class dance costumes were standard from the enrichment class.

Yang watched his video and stated that he did nothing - coz he was shy, hmm... That's him on the leftmost


Kai explained that his headgear was special coz his costume was special


Yang moved for his class dance - Filipino - though, yeah! (So, is it the Chinese enrichment class??)


Kai doing his Mexican hat dance, which Yu could do apparently!


Just a shot of the brothers coz no space nor hands to do a family shot. And Yu wasn't with us.


Treated them to happy meals and ice cream for lunch


We let Yang eat slowly while Sito and Mum took Kai back so that Sito could leave for work


Yu took a Cornetto from the freezer by himself so he had ice cream too!


The school was closed for the rest of the day so I stayed in with them. Took them three to the playground near the coffeeshop all by myself so that N could clean a bit and get ready to help put them in bed. So proud of myself haha! But couldn't bear to eat out with them on my own so I packed dinner home.

The boys playing with some piano-like keys at the playground


Kai had a fall on our way home and grazed his left knee. He was howling so much! I told him to be brave, eat more especially meat to make skin - oops, psuedo science?! Anyway, that made him start eating his dinner!

"Ok, I'll be brave"


Yes, be brave, my child. There's a whole new world waiting for your out there and you'll soon take the first step towards it! Jia you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment