Sunday 24 February 2019

Sleeping babies are the cutest

Haven't written about their sleep for a long time.

Nowadays, Kai sleeps on his own in his room unless the next day is not a school day. He sleeps better when he's on his own, with no disturbance from his brothers. At most, he wakes when we are still working to wonder whether it was time for school.

Though he has accepted the arrangement, I don't think he's happy about it, mainly coz I can't 陪 him much. His brothers want to be with me so they end up in his room. He doesn't consider that as me 陪-ing him; it's got to be exclusive. So now I give Yu his milk only at bedtime so that he stays in his bed. I make Yang stay in his room else he loses his video(s) the next day. And I stay with Kai for a bit. Honestly, I don't think it's enough too.

On Sundays, I get more time with Kai coz his brothers are occupied with YouTube Kids; Kai cares less for that these days. But I was in the bathroom for longer than usual this evening and it was 8 pm by the time I was done. Coz I want Kai to sleep by 8.30 pm, I spent only 20 minutes with him. One little gem came out of it - he didn't like PAL lessons coz "you gotta do a lot". I just googled what it was - outdoor and sports?! I was surprised. Sito said maybe there was some discipline involved. Sighs, my son...

Then it was Yang and Yu's turn. The milk was quite warm so I got them to count trains first. We started this a couple of weeks back and it was a useful settling-in activity. We can see six LRT tracks from the window and count to up to 10 LRTs each night. Then, it's goodnight time :)

Tonight, I asked Yang to lie down on Yu's bed and promised to carry him to his bed later. So I sang with one boy on each side of me, with my face facing up to be fair. Soon, they were both quiet. I turned to Yu who was lying on my left arm. He was facing me but was looking to his left with a cheeky grin. Ok, sing some more...

Then I turned to Yang. He was facing down with his eyes closed. I sayang-ed his head. He gave me the white of his eyes a bit before continuing to sleep. Poor boy, tired since evening time coz he did not nap. Rest well....

And I turned back to Yu. His fingers were wriggling above my shoulder. I wondered why but only for a short while - coz his forefinger went into a nostril..!! True enough, he started wriggling his fingers after that. Gosh... Just how much snot is there lying around the house? He dug a little while more as I turned to face him.

Then he turned more towards me and faced down on my arm. I felt... tongue?! I lifted him gently and found a wet spot on my sleeve! Ok, no more arm. I pulled my arm out. He gave a little "Mama.." and dozed off. I gave him a bear and went off to put his brother in his bed.

That's Yu napping this afternoon


I realised he was wearing underwear while he was still awake but he refused to change into diapers. Big boy, no need diaper. Oh ok.. Sure? Big boy, no need diaper. Ok. Luckily Mum still keeps a pee pad - the useful thing was from Kai's time and well used through three boys. But it wasn't so useful today...

Boy can shift!


I took a photo and dozed off besides him, not daring to stuff the pee pad under him lest he woke. But he shifted again of course, back on top of the pee pad but with only the legs in place; the bum was sadly out of the pee pad. So when I woke, I found a wet patch just above the pee pad. Grrr... As I continued to wake him coz it was late, he peed again!! Not quite a big boy, baby...

If Yu is like his brothers, he would be three before he could sleep through, no more crying for Mama in the middle of the night, just walking over to my bed and continuing sleeping. He can do the latter but he still cries for me in the earlier part of the night.

If they can all sleep well, I don't mind a couple of nights a week when all are in our bed :) It's really nice to watch them sleep when I'm not too tired...

No comments:

Post a Comment