Tuesday 21 April 2020

Extended WFH + school closure - HBL

I just finished instant curry noodles. The last time I had that was probably 20 years ago in Oxford, of all places. I had it coz I felt like a beer or instant noodles. My itchy nose told me to go for the noodles - spicy would be great. And Sito happened to have bought a pack a couple of weeks back.

And I felt like a beer or instant noodles coz of the news on the extension of the circuit breaker, aka WFH + school closure.

I knew that PM was going to speak at 5 pm. But I was busy with freeze dance.

In the shower, I was just thinking that one nice thing about this whole thing is that we get to start dinner earlier at 5.30 pm, which gives us a lot of time to eat, shower and read. Today, we read quite a bit, especially Yang who was enjoying the self-narrated books from the NLB app.

Then I turned on my phone and saw the news everywhere. Need to find more nice things to keep me sane.

The next piece of news at 9 on was easier on the heart and mind - they are swopping June holidays for May holidays! No HBL in May! School is still closed but at least I don't have to care about learning!

Sito forgot to buy coke in the day and went down when I was having noodles. I read about no bubble tea and no bah kwa, and called him immediately! But he would have known from the queues downstairs.

My dear husband 不负重望 and came home with both prized goodies. But no coke coz the supermarket line was too crazy.

No cakes or desserts too

No comments:

Post a Comment