Sunday 10 January 2021

41 is a prime number

生日年年过,but it's not every year that you get a prime number! :p That said, I'll get three this decade...

First celebration was with the extended clan


Kai and Yang like to make faces all the time... Only Yu gave my camera some face :p But it's a nice shot. No other family shot this birthday.

Dinner was from Majestic - so much food!!


The six adults ate at the dining table while the three monkeys had their own arrangements...


Very pretty envelope!


Inside is butterfly pendant from Mum - I pulled out a necklace to thread it through to wear :)


After months of working from home, we started going back to office once a week on our split team week from January. It was so good to see people!!!

And my old team gave me a surprise :)


When Friday, i.e. my birthday, really came about, I didn't have a plan. I had wanted to have breakfast in town and walk around a bit. Then I decided to go to Zhenghua Park nearby. But it was a rainy morning so I went to town after sending Kai and Yang, who, btw, didn't wish me happy birthday *.* But I was happy to see Yang turn back a few times to wave bye bye to me :)

I googled cafes that open early in the Orchard area and thought I would go for an angmoh breakfast coz I didn't fancy kopi C that morning as the tummy was a little weird. But after looking at the menu, I decided I wanted a local breakfast - at most drink tea!

Attempt a picture of my silhouette coz you don't get a flat(-looking) tummy every day! 


Passed by LNY decor outside Isetan


The mask was a recent Christmas present from SF when we were at her place on 2 Jan - my first patterned mask! Was there with Kel and AM, and had a great time catching up with YX. Also witnessed their kids doing work at 8.30 pm - have to admit that provoked the tiger mum in me, haha!

Mask off! Spot my new bug on my throat? :)


I wore my new necklace the whole day. In the afternoon, Kai and Yang noticed it - my new "jewel", as Kai put it. I told them it was from AhMa. I also had three rings on me and showed them my wedding rings from Papa. On hearing that Sito asked me to marry him with a ring, Kai went, oh did he do this? And he demonstrated going down on one knee, hoho!!! 哪里学来的?Probably one of the songs we watched last time :p

Mee rubus and teh C kosong


This was my second teh C kosong in a week. Super disgusting both times. So I guess it's the drink itself. Why when kopi C kosong is so nice?? Was discussing with Kel about this and I had an epiphany - tea is siap so take it neat or with sugar, not just unsweetened evaporated milk! I haven't felt so smart in a while, haha!

I sat at Toast Box for almost two hours, waiting for Daiso to open :p But I didn't get anything coz they didn't have the box I wanted. So I went to Uniqlo women's section. But I ended up getting kiddy pants and kids' masks. I gave up and headed to Wisma to get popcorn for the kids. But they were not open yet!

Went to BPP instead. No luck again at Redman - wanted a new silicon mat but realised I didn't have the dimensions of my oven!

Took my ezlink out to admire on the bus back to NP - kitty was from Sito a few years ago


Shopping luck was really bad that day! I finally got a pair of comfy shoes with my birthday discount. Been eyeing them for a while... But I regretted it the moment I walked out of the shop - I should have brought the kids to buy shoes too with 20% discount, argh! Went to Bee Cheng Hiang to get some goodies for Yan and headed home to pack them.

A little digression here: I went to the post office on Saturday to post the package but was told that postage to UK was suspended! The guy told me to check website for when it would resume. I was with Yu so we left for the supermarket first. But when we got back, I saw from the website that services had resumed from Friday! I called them to confirm and headed down to the post office again, this time on my own.

After taking my temperature, I told a lady standing by the side; I wanted to get to the same guy and quickly. Then she turned to the lady who took my temperature who then told me to join the queue and if I wanted, I could find the guy directly. What kind of response was that?! I was so stunned I joined the short queue. By luck, I got to the same guy and told him he gave me the wrong info. He was at least sorry about his booboo. The state of customer service at our national post is so terrible!

Anyway, I decided to stay home to sing instead of fetching the kids. So I sang the house down with a microphone, woohoo! But it was very warm coz I had to sing in kids' rooms (I roamed about) to avoid disturbing the neighbours.

Got a call from this woman to meet her downstairs - she brought me presents!


Trust R to give me cake and so many slices!!


And a lovely bottle :)


I had a slice of the unexpected cake and stuck to my plan of having kitty biscuits for afternoon coffee


The kitty biscuits were actually wafers with cream - very cute and dainty :) Sito got them for me when he was on leave on 31 Dec, along with some really expensive chocolate that we just finished last night.

Fancy chocolate with fancy name


Oooh, yummy though / coz it's like $1-2 per bite!


It had been a tiring week with the new school term starting and having to wake early again. I decided I didn't want grief on my birthday so I let the boys play Nintendo after a nice chat over lunch about their week in school - Yang said he's almost as tall as his P4 buddy. I just nua-ed :p

The kids wanted to play with my microphone so I made them sing me a happy birthday song :)

Kai gave me some poo poo song *.*


Yang make the song funny...


Yu sang the song earnestly for me :)


Friday is our usual data night and this time, I chose Korean! Kimchi and army hotpot sounded great for rainy weather :) And no need to walk too far after a nice foot massage just down the road.

We had to pack half the pancake home - really want to learn how to make all these!


We didn't celebrate anymore on Saturday. But for the first long in a while, I had a wazen at Ichiban! Coz I wanted to try the mackerel to see if the kids would like it if we had it at home :p I guess that's it - mum's life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment